• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How much would a Falcon 7X First officer pay be

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No need to hide LD!...we know how to drag you out!...

Well then I'm going back into lurk mode. Most of these people don't realize you are teasing me... They really think I can't fly. Now I know why I am not getting jobs.

The trick to these openings is that you have to send a resume!...and all 4 openings I knew of recently (2 left) would toss it once they saw airline experience or heard an applicant had difficulty landing a real jet in a little bitty crosswind....

Just reinforces my perception of the pure corporate pilot. Most of them are idiots IMHO. I'd hire any ex-RJ driver from my era before some Part 91 dweeb. I remember a certain ISBAO audit and the "high and mighty" corporate guys got the lowest marks. The 121 and military guys the highest.

And you really need to lay off the X-Wind thing. The 50 isn't the best plane in the world for X-Wind landings. Needs more rudder, more wing clearance, better steering, and that giant tail likes to weathervane, but once you figure out how to do it...meh. (ERJ still light years more capable in that regard. I don't know of any Embraer operators with a department policy limiting max crosswind component to less than 20 knots but I do know of it in the Falcon world. Just saying.)

LD on downwind in his Falcon...."fuel selector both, carb heat on, wing down, opposite rudder...."WINDCHECK!"

;):)

Okay you've had your fun. Just like everything else, too many people think you're serious and I don't need the bad press. Going back to lurk mode. Good chatting with you again though. Cheerio.

Last edited:
Well then I'm going back into lurk mode. Most of these people don't realize you are teasing me... They really think I can't fly. Now I know why I am not getting jobs.

Just reinforces my perception of the pure corporate pilot. Most of them are idiots IMHO. I'd hire any ex-RJ driver from my era before some Part 91 dweeb. I remember a certain ISBAO audit and the "high and mighty" corporate guys got the lowest marks. The 121 and military guys the highest.

And you really need to lay off the X-Wind thing. The 50 isn't the best plane in the world for X-Wind landings. Needs more rudder, more wing clearance, better steering, and that giant tail likes to weathervane, but once you figure out how to do it...meh. (ERJ still light years more capable in that regard. I don't know of any Embraer operators with a department policy limiting max crosswind component to less than 20 knots but I do know of it in the Falcon world. Just saying.)

Okay you've had your fun. Just like everything else, too many people think you're serious and I don't need the bad press. Going back to lurk mode. Good chatting with you again though. Cheerio.

Bad Press!!.....:laugh:.....yes, my Cessna 152 comments are surely keeping you from getting jobs

I have heard of a flight school having a "crosswind limitation" but never a flight department! Very interesting, guess ya gotta keep the kids on a short leash..

Dont Lurk LD - participate!

I have flown with a good share of corporate guys as well as former airline guys and in my opinion Airline guys initially lack of skills required to 'work' a corporate jet. Sure they can fly-It would be scarey if they couldn't...Flying is the easiest part of many corporate gigs... It's the demanding passengers and a lack of a support system most corporate guys learn to work with.

I am always nervous when it comes to looking at a guy who has only flown airlines when hiring for a corporate gig. :smash:

Last edited:
I have flown with a good share of corporate guys as well as former airline guys and in my opinion Airline guys initially lack of skills required to 'work' a corporate jet. Sure they can fly-It would be scarey if they couldn't...Flying is the easiest part of many corporate gigs... It's the demanding passengers and a lack of a support system most corporate guys learn to work with.

I am always nervous when it comes to looking at a guy who has only flown airlines when hiring for a corporate gig. :smash:[/QUOTE

Enjoy your next sim session with the corporate (only) guy who has been given a "progressive" checkride his entire career.

When I was at a regional (before CAT II training where we got a sim session a day before) I went into a sim cold, no practice, and was expected to know the profiles cold and fly to ATP standards.

Customer service skills? B.S., anyone can learn that and it quickly becomes part of the job. I actually treated my CRJ at the airlines like a corporate flight and have letters from pax and crew to show how I cared about the handling/outcome of a scheduled flight. I know for a fact there are regional captains who have the same and hopefully more!

Cheers-

...at least in that sim session I won't have to hear about how big his 757 cockpit was and how hard it is to get into these citation cockpits lol... besides I fly single pilot so I only have to hear the voices in my head lol...

...I have no doubt that there are good regional crew memembers and even outstanding airline ones.... I will say that from my experience most guys who had a comfortable seat at an airline (...not regionals, anything is a step up from that!) were too above loading bags, filing flight plans on the cell phone while taxing in to make a 10 minute quick turn, and solving the last minute disasters that corporate owners sometimes create.

I have flown with a good share of corporate guys as well as former airline guys and in my opinion Airline guys initially lack of skills required to 'work' a corporate jet.

Key word: INITIALLY. The same set the Corporate guys lacked "INITIALLY" when they got hired. These also happen to be the easiest set of "skills" to get. A hellofa lot easier to learn than knowing how to fly the airplane safely and professionally (especially when it's on fire). I will tip my hat to my generation of RJ drivers (guys like CRJCA, Rum78, and the like) over any pure-91.

Sure they can fly-It would be scarey if they couldn't...Flying is the easiest part of many corporate gigs...

Uh huh.... That's why when the fire goes out or the weather gets bad or we have to go de-ice the 91 guys start sweating their b*lls off and dunno wtf to do.

I tell you, I'll take any RJ driver (or some of the wonderful ex-mil guys I flew with like Jihad, Bugman, or Smooth) over the Nator / Slats / Lubbock / Flameout / Shakedown / Digits / Palpatine 91 types any day. (Yes, there are some very good 91 guys. My former boss was a pure-91 guy and also a world-class aerobatic pilot so I sure don't sneeze at him in any way, but he's one of the best pilots I've known from any group. I would call him an exception.)

It's the demanding passengers and a lack of a support system most corporate guys learn to work with.

Demanding pax? Are you f'ing kidding me? Sorry dude, RJ drivers deal with far far far more demanding pax than anyone I've ever seen in either Corporate OR Charter. And learning Charter / Corporate "how to" customer service takes two rotations max. Anyone detail oriented enough to pass a 121 PIC Checkride is *MORE* than up to the task of "learning" how to take care of VIPs.

I am always nervous when it comes to looking at a guy who has only flown airlines when hiring for a corporate gig. :smash:

And that's a sh*tty attitude, no offense. You're eliminating some very good people with that thinking. Your loss.

Last edited:
...at least in that sim session I won't have to hear about how big his 757 cockpit was and how hard it is to get into these citation cockpits lol... besides I fly single pilot so I only have to hear the voices in my head lol...

LOL!!! NICE one! :D

...I have no doubt that there are good regional crew memembers and even outstanding airline ones.... I will say that from my experience most guys who had a comfortable seat at an airline (...not regionals, anything is a step up from that!) were too above loading bags, filing flight plans on the cell phone while taxing in to make a 10 minute quick turn, and solving the last minute disasters that corporate owners sometimes create.

If they're too above it then they just are that. I have seen more than my fair share of pure-corporate guys at the Death Star that wouldn't get up to help the VIPs in the back. "I'm not fixing that guy his coffee. That's beneath my dignity." (Used to piss my boss off that there were guys like that but what could he do about it?)

When I was at a regional (before CAT II training where we got a sim session a day before) I went into a sim cold, no practice, and was expected to know the profiles cold and fly to ATP standards.

Customer service skills? B.S., anyone can learn that and it quickly becomes part of the job. I actually treated my CRJ at the airlines like a corporate flight and have letters from pax and crew to show how I cared about the handling/outcome of a scheduled flight. I know for a fact there are regional captains who have the same and hopefully more!

Cheers-

Agreed. Also thanks for the kind words, Rum. You are great guy to fly with and always super prepared. Made my job very easy when we flew together.

This debate reminds me of when Palpatine ordered people to limit pitch angle on rotation to less than called for by the performance profile. When one of the ex-mil guys asked why he was told, "Because we are concerned about passenger comfort."

His reply was classic: "How comfortable will they be if we hit something?"

Safety first, right? Please. Part 91 has a tendency to take its eye of what is important: FLY THE D*MNED PLANE. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
...I must be doing something right, im still employeed.

...On a side note we don't de-ice. It's way too expensive to de-ice a citation for pleasure flying.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back