• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How much would a Falcon 7X First officer pay be

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Key word: INITIALLY. The same set the Corporate guys lacked "INITIALLY" when they got hired. These also happen to be the easiest set of "skills" to get. A hellofa lot easier to learn than knowing how to fly the airplane safely and professionally (especially when it's on fire). I will tip my hat to my generation of RJ drivers (guys like CRJCA, Rum78, and the like) over any pure-91.

So you are saying that your "RJ drivers" are more capable than a pure part 91 pilot on a trip multi week trip around the world? I didn't realize that flying between Detroit and Dayton gave you the skills needed for that type of flying. Also, do you really believe that the customer service experience is the same for a typical airline passenger compared to the pax on a "part 91" corporate airplane? You're an idiot.....

My only concern with hiring a former 121 pilot is that he/she will severely lowball when it comes to compensation because that's what they're used to. The employer will offer them twice of what they made at a regional, and they'll jump for joy while the rest of us will shake our heads in disgust. Ignorance is bliss...

Other than that... I'd almost prefer someone who has 121 background over someone who's never flown anything bigger than a light jet.

So you are saying that your "RJ drivers" are more capable than a pure part 91 pilot on a trip multi week trip around the world? I didn't realize that flying between Detroit and Dayton gave you the skills needed for that type of flying.

That's the easy part. I went from 121 to 135 then to 91. My 121 experience made the transition a breeze. The city pairs don't matter. It's the training and the standardization that do.

Also, do you really believe that the customer service experience is the same for a typical airline passenger compared to the pax on a "part 91" corporate airplane? You're an idiot.....

And you're a swell guy. :erm:

I'd say 99% of the guys and gals I flew with who were 121 and military were first rate and I wouldn't be afraid to put my kids in the back of the plane with 'em... Whereas about a third of the pure 91 pilots out there couldn't find the fire handle with both hands and a pointer. (Dual engine flameouts, golfballing airplanes after flying under anvils, driving off of taxiways into the grass, missing hold short instructions, not knowing how to de-ice, brain locking on depresses, inability to handle V1 Engine Fires--in the sim--etc. were *ALL* Part 91 guys. I never saw a single 121 pilot flub that up.)

Flying between any two points demands two things: SAFETY and STANDARDIZATION. Outside of that I don't care if it is Memphis to Nashville or New York to Kuwait City a 121 crew is at a base-level safer and more highly trained.

Or you just caught the cycle right. Not everyone is so fortunate. Be thankful not boastful.

I don't think I caught any cycle... I have been flying steadly and securely now for some time (im only 27) but I have made smart decisions, worked hard, and earned everything I have...

Not going to lie... when the weather is bad and im in anything 'Regional Jet' I am a little nervous knowing that those guys have little experience, make less than 75K combined.... I'd put my family on a business jet over a regional ANYDAY!

I don't think I caught any cycle... I have been flying steadly and securely now for some time (im only 27) but I have made smart decisions, worked hard, and earned everything I have...

Not going to lie... when the weather is bad and im in anything 'Regional Jet' I am a little nervous knowing that those guys have little experience, make less than 75K combined.... I'd put my family on a business jet over a regional ANYDAY!

27? Sheee-it, dude. You got a lot to learn.

Those RJ guys you denigrate are better trained than you are I'd bet.

NCherches said:

I'm the same age you are...flying corporate just like you are...but you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to the experience & compensation of today's "regional jet" crews.

Ok, so I was maybe a little harsh on the Regional guys but lets face it when it comes to total flight time (experience) & compensation I still feel like my statements were accurate.

That's the easy part. I went from 121 to 135 then to 91. My 121 experience made the transition a breeze. The city pairs don't matter. It's the training and the standardization that do.

And you're a swell guy. :erm:

I'd say 99% of the guys and gals I flew with who were 121 and military were first rate and I wouldn't be afraid to put my kids in the back of the plane with 'em... Whereas about a third of the pure 91 pilots out there couldn't find the fire handle with both hands and a pointer. (Dual engine flameouts, golfballing airplanes after flying under anvils, driving off of taxiways into the grass, missing hold short instructions, not knowing how to de-ice, brain locking on depresses, inability to handle V1 Engine Fires--in the sim--etc. were *ALL* Part 91 guys. I never saw a single 121 pilot flub that up.)

Flying between any two points demands two things: SAFETY and STANDARDIZATION. Outside of that I don't care if it is Memphis to Nashville or New York to Kuwait City a 121 crew is at a base-level safer and more highly trained.

So when you're talking about all the safety and standardization of 121 crews how do you explain the following:

1. Colgan crew that stalled the airplane going into BUF
2. Pinnacle crew that zoomed their mighty CRJ to FL410 and then stalled
3. Comair crew that took off on the wrong runway in LEX
4. Trans state crew that tried to takeoff with only one engine running

That's just a few off the top of my head.

If you say that 1/3 of the part 91 pilots were clueless...just where are you working son? That could be part of the problem here....just sayin'.

Latest resources

Back