Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How much did you spend of flight training?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

How much did you spend on flight training?

• 0-20k

Votes: 205 22.5%
  • 20-30k

Votes: 222 24.3%
  • 30-40k

Votes: 166 18.2%
  • 40-50k

Votes: 124 13.6%
  • 50-60k

Votes: 74 8.1%
  • 60-70k

Votes: 46 5.0%
  • 80-90k

Votes: 17 1.9%
  • Great than 90k

Votes: 59 6.5%

• Total voters
Bolivar Aviations! Wow does that bring back memories! Spent exactly 1000 dollars there to get my ATP with a guy that had 1550 hours as an instructor when I got out of the Navy in 1984. Ground fog rolled in and he asked me to do the ITO at an outlying field as I had 4500 hours.
I also spent 10K at Flight Safety to get my DC 9 Type when I got on at ValuJet. I think that's all I spent. Got my seaplane rating on the company dime at Lake in Laconia. The Rivards are fine folks.
Yip, you are da man! An aviator, not a pilot!
Hope you are well.

Man, if this thread was intended to show newcomers what to expect, I think it failed, we got a bunch of people posting (myself included) who got their time in before gas prices spiked.

Then again, I can understand, if I blew 4 times as much money as everyone else posting, I would feel uneasy putting my figures up.

Now all of have seen pilots of all ages to whom the autopilot is only source of flying salvation. BTW how about the age of the airplanes in my profile. I am flying a 1945 C-47 to KPTK tommrow, no autopilot, no FMS, no FD, no auto engine temp control, no automatic gear down and uplock, lets see what does the C-47 do automatically, oh! yes it regulates the Hyd pressure between 750-900 PSI.
The BE99 I flew today was built nearly 40 years later and doesn't have any of that stuff (autopilot included). I'm just happy to have a functioning monochromatic radar.

Went to Spartan from 1993-95. Student loans of $28k which are about half paid off and another 13k out of the GI bill. Paid for my night classes to get a BS out of my own pocket to the tune of 8-10K. Was it worth it...ask me after I retire.

KSU 1997-1999, spent $33k total, for PVT to CFII and a BS degree and a AS degree. Of the $33K, $20K was paid by may G.I. Bill.

A little over $101k at the soon to be out of business CAPT program. Can't say it was the smartest decision I've ever made considering it was a financial and career death trap. But I sure did get a useless DC-9 type rating out of it!

101,000????????? Wow, just wow.

Man, if this thread was intended to show newcomers what to expect, I think it failed, we got a bunch of people posting (myself included) who got their time in before gas prices spiked.

Then again, I can understand, if I blew 4 times as much money as everyone else posting, I would feel uneasy putting my figures up.

Thats true. Its not a accurate sampling because anyone that has completed flight training recently can not afford the 10 bucks to sign up.

Latest resources

Back