Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How much did you spend of flight training?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

How much did you spend on flight training?

• 0-20k

Votes: 205 22.5%
  • 20-30k

Votes: 222 24.3%
  • 30-40k

Votes: 166 18.2%
  • 40-50k

Votes: 124 13.6%
  • 50-60k

Votes: 74 8.1%
  • 60-70k

Votes: 46 5.0%
  • 80-90k

Votes: 17 1.9%
  • Great than 90k

Votes: 59 6.5%

• Total voters
lucky guy

nice grandpa. how's the AARP magazine.

someday if things work out for you like they did for me, you too can join AARP. BTW I think I got to fly neater airplanes, ones where the pilot really flew the airplane, no GPS, no FMS, no flight director, etc. Real men's airplanes instead of these robot airplanes.

That's OK to call us Grandpas. At least we can fly airplanes without going through 400 feet and calling, "Speed mode, heading mode, autopilot on." We also don't wear ear plugs to an IPod, so we have a situational awareness of where every airplane on frequency is in our relation. Right YIP?

That's OK to call us Grandpas. At least we can fly airplanes without going through 400 feet and calling, "Speed mode, heading mode, autopilot on." We also don't wear ear plugs to an IPod, so we have a situational awareness of where every airplane on frequency is in our relation. Right YIP?

ahhh, most of the planes you have in your profile are not that old

That's OK to call us Grandpas. At least we can fly airplanes without going through 400 feet and calling, "Speed mode, heading mode, autopilot on."

Hey gramps, I can also fly without those callouts, and I do it quite often!!! BTW-some of you "grandpas" cant fly without the help of the autopilot, Ive seen it numerous times!!

not just granddads

Hey gramps, I can also fly without those callouts, and I do it quite often!!! BTW-some of you "grandpas" cant fly without the help of the autopilot, Ive seen it numerous times!!
Now all of have seen pilots of all ages to whom the autopilot is only source of flying salvation. BTW how about the age of the airplanes in my profile. I am flying a 1945 C-47 to KPTK tommrow, no autopilot, no FMS, no FD, no auto engine temp control, no automatic gear down and uplock, lets see what does the C-47 do automatically, oh! yes it regulates the Hyd pressure between 750-900 PSI.

HD,

Those are the airplanes I'm typed in, not all of the airplanes I have flown. Too many to list in my profile. Or...I guess I could.

BTW how about the age of the airplanes in my profile. I am flying a 1945 C-47 to KPTK tommrow, no autopilot, no FMS, no FD, no auto engine temp control, no automatic gear down and uplock, lets see what does the C-47 do automatically, oh! yes it regulates the Hyd pressure between 750-900 PSI.

You've flown quite a few classics! I actually had the thrill of flying my dream bird a few weeks back, a P-51 Mustang. What a thrill and an honor to fly such a great bird!!

0 to PPL in 2003 - $9,000 (KLGB pt.61 School)

IR-CPL-ME-CFI-AF304(C-340&C-421) 2003-2007 - $30,000 (Southern Illinois University, Associate Degree)

Now just about to finish up the BS and get into the real world with the rest of you!

Now all of have seen pilots of all ages to whom the autopilot is only source of flying salvation. BTW how about the age of the airplanes in my profile. I am flying a 1945 C-47 to KPTK tommrow, no autopilot, no FMS, no FD, no auto engine temp control, no automatic gear down and uplock, lets see what does the C-47 do automatically, oh! yes it regulates the Hyd pressure between 750-900 PSI.

Works good....lasts a long time. Can't say that about todays junk can we?

ahhh,,,,,,,,
remember Bolivar aviation in TN?
Southeastern flight academy in GA?
Airman Flight School in OK?

Some of these may still exist, I dunno....

I am a Bolivar alumni. I bump into one every once in a while. It was like $16,500 for private through CFII and that included housing. It just was not that cheap to the group that was about a year after me when they closed the doors and took everyones money.

Latest resources

Back