Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How much did you spend of flight training?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

How much did you spend on flight training?

• 0-20k

Votes: 205 22.5%
  • 20-30k

Votes: 222 24.3%
  • 30-40k

Votes: 166 18.2%
  • 40-50k

Votes: 124 13.6%
  • 50-60k

Votes: 74 8.1%
  • 60-70k

Votes: 46 5.0%
  • 80-90k

Votes: 17 1.9%
  • Great than 90k

Votes: 59 6.5%

• Total voters
Having Dad pay my way and being the Delta Chief Pilot= PRICESLESS

Actually I took out the loans on my own without a co-signer. My student loan payments are $800 a month now for 20 years.....AND, although Popeye is a great guy....he's not nearly old enough to be my dad. I'm not related to anyone at DAL....just had a good enough resume' to get the call for and interview and earned the job like everyone else who's been hired this past year. PS: I was 37 when I took my first flight lesson, not wet behind the ears by any means....and plenty of life experience to fill out a well rounded resume'. 5000-10000 hours doesn't mean a whole lot if you've done NOTHING else in your life, DAL is looking for the whole package.

Fins,

I remember the days at RYY well. I think I spent about $2300 on my PVT at Gem City back in 92. I've probably got less than $20k in all my ratings, including ATP.

But how things have changed. My sister finished at FSI last fall with just over $100k in student loans. That first year ASA FO pay isn't going to go very far.

My training cost an estimated $1,000,000. That’s about $4,000/hour for the 250 or so hours during 1.5 years. I sure do appreciate all you guys and girls paying for it. I made more money in my 2 years of active duty then I did in 5 years at ASA as an FO.

5000-10000 hours doesn't mean a whole lot if you've done NOTHING else in your life, DAL is looking for the whole package.

Are you F@CKING serious?!?!?! I know a few guys with that time and "nothing" else who work at Delta.

Im glad that you have other things in your life, because without that Delta never, ever would've gave you a chance. :rolleyes::p Get a clue.:beer:

With our without the total spent on beer?

The years 2001-2003 35K thru MEI with two paid internships instructing and flying King Airs. Took forever tho at a state school in GA.

I was partners in three airplanes....private through ATP (cfi-II-mei) for just under 30k......Worked full time and flew on the side.

Latest resources

Back