Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How much did you spend of flight training?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

How much did you spend on flight training?

• 0-20k

Votes: 205 22.5%
  • 20-30k

Votes: 222 24.3%
  • 30-40k

Votes: 166 18.2%
  • 40-50k

Votes: 124 13.6%
  • 50-60k

Votes: 74 8.1%
  • 60-70k

Votes: 46 5.0%
  • 80-90k

Votes: 17 1.9%
  • Great than 90k

Votes: 59 6.5%

• Total voters
$0.................After I left the navy, the VA paid for my flight training through the Flight Benefit Program, I think its under a different name now.

So, for those of you that spent 100g's , a few years of military service would of kept you out of debt. MAYBE???

$$Mid-20's. But I started flying in 1987, back when a C-152 cost about $25/hour. Yes, the old days of ARSA's, TRSA's and TCA's.

2002. Between $10 to $12 k.

I was one of the lucky ones. I paid for my PVT & multi, the rest (IRA, COM, CFI, CFII) was paid for by an internship at American Flyers. Of course, this was at the expense of my own labor, but I don't have any loans to pay off.

I can't say enough about the valuable experience of being a CFI for at least 12 months. Numerous lessons learned. It's an eye opener to all the experiences you've never thought of or considered.

Less than $20,000, all prior to 2002. I will not encourage my kids to be associated with aviation. Aviation is not what it was 30 years ago when we started these dreams. You can make good money flying but at what cost. You must decide what is important, QOL or $. For 60% of the pilot group your life on the road is your life...works for some. Time spent away is time you can’t get back no matter how many $ you spend on them. Missing time with your family can never be replaced

I many cases, having a college degree is a social norm than a necessity. I got my BS agree in 1998 and it didn't benefit me at all. My friend has no college education and is making a good career in the computer field. All of his training was OTJ and some very lucky breaks along the way!!

see college degree not required to succeed.

I many cases, having a college degree is a social norm than a necessity. I got my BS agree in 1998 and it didn't benefit me at all. My friend has no college education and is making a good career in the computer field. All of his training was OTJ and some very lucky breaks along the way!!
See a college degree is not necessarily required to succeed. There are many ways to develop marketable .skills besides college, to include OJT, military, and tech schools with a 4 yr degree.

1998-2000
College, BS, PPL-MEII - 50K

2001-2004
CFI and first year FO - still sinking into credit cards for another 20K

Zero regrets, dream come true.

1998-2000
College, BS, PPL-MEII - 50K

2001-2004
CFI and first year FO - still sinking into credit cards for another 20K

Zero regrets, dream come true.

from your profile and this post - you started CFIing in 2001 I would guess with around 250tt. Nine years later you've got 14K tt and flown 8 diff. types of transport category aircraft??? Yeah right.

It's not about having a degree, it's about using it. I know people that have gone to prestigious universities that still live with their parents because they chose basket weaving instead of finance.

Latest resources

Back