Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How much did you spend of flight training?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

How much did you spend on flight training?

• 0-20k

Votes: 205 22.5%
  • 20-30k

Votes: 222 24.3%
  • 30-40k

Votes: 166 18.2%
  • 40-50k

Votes: 124 13.6%
  • 50-60k

Votes: 74 8.1%
  • 60-70k

Votes: 46 5.0%
  • 80-90k

Votes: 17 1.9%
  • Great than 90k

Votes: 59 6.5%

• Total voters
ERAU 1997-2001, 0 time to Comm AMEL & ASEL, CFI & CFII about $32,000. Got my MEI for free while I was an instructor, just had to pay for the checkride. About $500 for the airplane and examiner. ATP for free during Captain upgrade.

5000-10000 hours doesn't mean a whole lot if you've done NOTHING else in your life, DAL is looking for the whole package.
Ha, what a dork. Delta rules, you must be the complete package. Tool. suck the complete package maybe.

Careful, you're just asking for the Genital Lee to just jump down your piehole with a statement like this.

I would say it's more like $50,000 or more if you are a Comair puke! Those 200 hour wonders have to shell out the cash to buy their job at Clownair!

I ended up shelling out 35k for private through MEII in 1998 through 2000 on the civilian side. Then in 2002 went to the military and they paid me 28K to do it again. Should of done it the other way around!

Saying someone only paid $35k or so for flight training is pretty misleading. You can't just turn an off switch on yourself after class. 2 or 3 years of eating and paying rent add up and should be a part of that cost.

That's not even going into the lifestyle of a poorly paid CFI for a year or two before moving on to a poorly paid First Officer.

Compare it to some other guy in your high school who goes on to become an electrician. They pay for you to go to school while they pay you to work starting day one. Then after you're finished with school you have all kinds of hands on experience and become a journeyman making $65-85k to start in the Midwest. That's quite a bit of dough and all debt free without accruing living expenses while learning.

no college

Compare it to some other guy in your high school who goes on to become an electrician. They pay for you to go to school while they pay you to work starting day one. Then after you're finished with school you have all kinds of hands on experience and become a journeyman making $65-85k to start in the Midwest. That's quite a bit of dough and all debt free without accruing living expenses while learning.
Are you saying you can succedd in life without a college degree? This smacks in the face of the flightinfo prime directive "If you don't go to college you are not as good as me"

I'm beginning to think my venture to college is a waste or at least my major is. I'm working 2 jobs and taking 18 credits just to graduate this year. I think this makes me borderline insane.

The goal?

I'm beginning to think my venture to college is a waste or at least my major is. I'm working 2 jobs and taking 18 credits just to graduate this year. I think this makes me borderline insane.
The big question will it lead to a job in a career field for which you have studied?

Latest resources

Back