• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How many message board members does ...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is a requirement for a minimum of one poster to make up more than ten acronyms during the responses.

Gads, I tell ya, times are tough. We have several CLBCIs (Certified Light Bulb Changer Instructor) and the bulbs are just not burning out fast enough for our LBC students (LBCS).

The CLBCIs all have other jobs, some are BIs (bulb installers), others are studying for their degrees in LBC. We'll have one graduate with his third degree in a few weeks. He'll be a B.L.O.C.K.H.E.A.D. (Bachelors in Lightbulb Operation, Changing, Kinetics, History, Economics, Advancement, and Distrubution). It'll keep them busy at least.

For the students, we've contracted with several buildings on the field (SBOTF) for PFC opportunities. SBOTF like our graduates and decided they could put our LBCS to work. Since the 11th took out the major PFC LBC workplace in our area, very few are moving on to several buildings out of town (BOOT) and this step becomes neccessary. In fact, our BLOCKHEAD just got the big BOOT project.

We do have many foreign students. They don't participate in our beliefs about LBs so we change the name of their training to Darksucker Changing Development (SUCKER).

It gets worse. . .

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

unions

Throw in another couple dozen to organize the labor. After all, such professionals must also be unionized or else would be screwed themselves by the evil management types.

Dont forget the one who says the LBC is drunk and demands a drug test.

Then the one to argue that the rules for drinking and changing are too strict.

And the one who says, who cares, if the LBC can manage to climb the ladder change the bulb and go back down the latter fine, then whats the big?

Ali
really aching for five o'clock

...and one more to drag the subject back to the top when everyone in the Bulb Changing Compnay thought the issue had been resolved ;)

I hope you all remember not to screw in any lightbulbs within twelve hours of your next duty period...

another jab by dcf.

I'm shocked that nobody here has bothered to mention how superior military LBCs are as they have so much prior experience with TLAs (three letter abbreviations).

While I'm perturbed that my tax money is paying for them to gain such an unfair advantage in getting hired by the flourescent changers, (the "big glass") I'm very appreciative of their efforts in the middle east killing all those dark suckers...

Bulbstream info

Have any of you guys heard of a place called Gulf....errrr Bulbstream?

They said I can hand the new bulb and take the old bulb from the actually LBC....250 times for $25K!!!! 'Course, I can't stay after that.....need to make room for paying LBC apprentices that are behind me, checkbook in hand.

Do you think this is a good idea?

If not, you must be jealous of the great experience I'll be getting....

Can't believe that I have never seen this thread before. It's a great change.

I understand that companies that own their own lightbulbs usually get really modern lightbulbs that don't need changing very often but when they do need it, they pay very well - they are just real selective in their LBCs. Only thing is, I understand it is who you know when it comes to becoming one of their LBCs.

I want to know - is it better to change lightbulbs that are owned by many different owners or to change lightbulbs that used by many people who don't own them but merely pay for the privelege of using the light.

I guess you should change the first burned-out bulb you find.

...And I always thought it only took one pilot to change a bulb.
Just hold up the bulb, and the world revolves around him.

Latest resources

Back