• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How many in good standing at FLOPS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
... It is clear that you do not have respect for your fellow aviators and our struggles to provide a better life for ourselves and our family's. I use to think you were just some inexperienced kid that is trying to find his way in a new company eager to please management that gave you your big shot. Now I know that your path desires to be that not of a working pilot but one that has the capacity to disregard the sacrifices and struggles of the average line pilot. One that could care less that someone with less seniority and experience gets the coveted PIC slot because the only requirement for that position is the ability to get the job done at all costs, safety and professionalism is not a factor...

What else would you expect from a guy that came from Cherry Air and who is apparently proud enough of it to use it as his screen name ?

Cherry, we have been at this game for a long time, If you think your management doesnt look at this board, your in denial. Over the past years, many names on this board have been thrown around in Cleveland, (including mine). We know at this very moment our company is trying to figure out who is who on here.

I'm sure YOUR company is Dime... Our Mgmt isn't on this board and/or trying to figure out who WE are. I'm not in denial... That's a river in Egypt, isn't it? Good luck man, I'm really not rooting against you...

933, good to see your ugly head poke back in here at Cherry Air. Cherry is what it is man, a stepping stone. It was a great time building job and great flying experience for someone in my shoes. I'm sure you've heard some embellished stories about Cherry, but as Capt there, you always had the final say if you went or not... That's all I'm gonna say about that.

Why would I not be proud of working there? It was a good paying job, that was challenging, and I made a lot of life long friends there. It got me more than enough prepared for any other flying job out there! Just because it was old planes in crappy flying conditions I shouldn't be proud of working there? Ask any old Cherry pilot if they're not proud of having worked there... It builds character, that you earned!

...I'm sure you've heard some embellished stories about Cherry, but as Capt there, you always had the final say if you went or not...

You don't need to educate me on how the company works, I started flying for them back in the early 90's when, Kenny Donaldson was just a dispatcher working for his dad. The captain had some say, the copilot really didn't. As a copilot, can you honestly tell me that you were happy with all the decisions the captain made, especially when you knew he was being pressured by the company? As a Captain, can you honestly tell me that they never attempted to pressure you into carrying a write up until you got back to ADS or to a contract MX shop? Can you honestly tell me that they never attempted to pressure you into taking less retail (high priced) fuel than you really wanted to take. Can you honestly tell me that they never played games with the duty/rest times? If you can, then they have changed, but somehow I doubt it.

...It was a good paying job,...

No, it wasn't. Knowing Kenny Donaldson, it still isn't.
... or maybe your idea of good pay is a bit different than mine.

... that was challenging... It got me more than enough prepared for any other flying job out there! ...

Well that is true, but perhaps going forward you're setting the bar a bit low, since you're used to the status-quo at Cherry Air.

... Just because it was old planes in crappy flying conditions I shouldn't be proud of working there?

Those planes were old clapped-out pieces of $h!t when I was there, I can't imagine what they were like by the time you left. We all did what we had to do to get experience. I wouldn't be proud or ashamed of it either way.

... Ask any old Cherry pilot if they're not proud of having worked there... It builds character, that you earned!

Again, I'm not particularly proud of it. But, you're right about one thing, Cherry Air is a stepping stone. A wobbly, moss-covered stepping stone in the middle of the rapids. Character is about all you earned!

"safety and professionalism"
IMO, the words don't exist in Cherry Air managements vocabulary.

Last edited:
Cheery,
You must be that dumb ass that was flying a lear 25 and wearing a leather helmet 25 years ago ( for cherry).
Make sure to loosen the straps for the blood flow to run....

Yep thats me...
(pulls straps tighter)

Nice spelling BTW, Its CHERRY.

Last edited:
You don't need to educate me on how the company works, I started flying for them back in the early 90's when, Kenny Donaldson was just a dispatcher working for his dad. The captain had some say, the copilot really didn't. As a copilot, can you honestly tell me that you were happy with all the decisions the captain made, especially when you knew he was being pressured by the company? As a Captain, can you honestly tell me that they never attempted to pressure you into carrying a write up until you got back to ADS or to a contract MX shop? Can you honestly tell me that they never attempted to pressure you into taking less retail (high priced) fuel than you really wanted to take. Can you honestly tell me that they never played games with the duty/rest times? If you can, then they have changed, but somehow I doubt it.

No, it wasn't. Knowing Kenny Donaldson, it still isn't.
... or maybe your idea of good pay is a bit different than mine.

Well that is true, but perhaps going forward you're setting the bar a bit low, since you're used to the status-quo at Cherry Air.

Those planes were old clapped-out pieces of $h!t when I was there, I can't imagine what they were like by the time you left. We all did what we had to do to get experience. I wouldn't be proud or ashamed of it either way.

Again, I'm not particularly proud of it. But, you're right about one thing, Cherry Air is a stepping stone. A wobbly, moss-covered stepping stone in the middle of the rapids. Character is about all you earned!

"safety and professionalism"
IMO, the words don't exist in Cherry Air managements vocabulary.

Big time thread drift here... Sorry for that!

It had definitely gotten a lot better in every category that you mentioned when I was there, 04-08. I was on track to make $85k plus my last year, is that bad in your eyes?!?

I was never pushed to do anything I didn't want to do and my Capt's never told me we were going "no mater what". Sounds like you guys should have grown some balls back then and said no a time or two like I did. Maybe they wouldn't have pushed you around so easily...

Besides, I couldn't think of a catchy screen name like 993_pilot, that's why I went with Cherry20... :rolleyes:

It had definitely gotten a lot better in every category that you mentioned when I was there, 04-08. I was on track to make $85k plus my last year, is that bad in your eyes?!?

That's good to hear that things got better, but I bet they were still a long way from good. $85k/yr is not bad if you were a copilot, but pretty crappy for a captain these days if you ask me.

I was never pushed to do anything I didn't want to do and my Capt's never told me we were going "no mater what". Sounds like you guys should have grown some balls back then and said no a time or two like I did. Maybe they wouldn't have pushed you around so easily...

FYI, I had plenty of "balls". Once when they pulled some of their typical crap, Kenny wouldn't even come to the phone when I tried to talk to him about it, so I walked off the job and left a lear sitting on the ramp because of the crap they tried to pulled on me. I've never looked back. Perhaps some of the FAA violations they acquired over the years, made them change their ways.

Besides, I couldn't think of a catchy screen name like 993_pilot, that's why I went with Cherry20... :rolleyes:

First I have an ugly head, now I have a catchy screen name. My my you're clever.

Can we get back on topic now Mr. UglyHeadCatchyScreenName guy?

I really hate thread Hijackers! Sorry everyone...

Cherry,

You're opinion of others is perfectly displayed in your avatar... There's Texas and "Whatever". You want to stay on topic, here we go... Whether you've seen a lanyard or not recently doesn't mean scrap, and your opinion means even less. Your ignorance shines through! As an insider, I have seen just the opposite of what you apparently believe... I have seen guys that were once Koolaide drinking SFO's recently change their opinion about management and decide to catch up on their dues. Yes, there are still plenty who want to "fly low and stay under the radar" by not wearing their lanyards, but more and more of the few fence sitting pilots are waking up and realizing where management truly stands. Managements stall tactics , although frustrating, are hurting them worse than they realize. I hope not having a union works out for you at XOJet, but don't come in here and pretend you know anything about where the majority of the pilots at Flops stand.

Cherry thanks for your private message.... you wrote:

Wow, got some anger behind those eyes do ya...

Simply making a statement of facts as I saw it.
And no it wasn't in AMA at 0400. I wish the best of luck to you guys, I really do. You don't have to kill a sideline watcher for just making a comment.

What you wrote was pure FUD and stay out of FLOPS business. When you get a little more wet behind the ears you will learn to keep your mouth shut!... By the way, don't you need to warm up your PIC's crew meal?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back