Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How many got hired and quit at Pinnacolaba in the past week?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why not give 9E the benefit of doubt on this. They probably want to make sure that it is finally right this time.

Sidenote: what does it mean when people say 9E lost CRJ's to Mesaba and ASA. We are the same so what would be the difference at this point?

Why not give 9E the benefit of doubt on this. They probably want to make sure that it is finally right this time.

Sidenote: what does it mean when people say 9E lost CRJ's to Mesaba and ASA. We are the same so what would be the difference at this point?

Due to performance issues, Delta penalized 9E by pulling 3 200's. Two went to Mesaba (which will be going back to Pinnacle because of the merger) and one went to ASA (which is gone forever). It sucks for those that would be within 6 numbers of holding a captain spot, that's for sure.

Yeah this entire thing is being held up because of 9E's idiot MEC and negotiators. Yes I said they are idiots-I heard what they did and their lack of professionalism. Great work guys.

Do tell? I am sure it is just as true as everything else you hear (make up).

Flyer1015

You keep spewing on about the shrinking XJ Saab Fleet but refuse to answer the question: What was the career expectation at 9E the day before the merger?
It's simple. My career expectation was based on our aircraft and their air service agreement. We have 126 CRJs and 16 CR9s. Both were under long term agreement with Delta. Back then, Delta had not announced any cuts for us. Recently we've had to give 3 planes away, but 2 of them were gained during our painting process and were never planned to stay long term. Therefore, there was no change really. My career expectation was being at this airline, with a stable fleet, until at least 2017. Unlike at Mesaba, where I'd be staring at a furlough once the Saabs were gone in less than 16 months.

Oh I think Mesaba is trying to put pressure on this John Hunter guy who has had about 9months to do this thing. While not directly 9E's MEC's fault, I think a lot of us are wondering if this is cronyism gone wild or if no one is minding the store.
When did the train run off the tracks on this one?

We'll just keep waiting around forever apparently. See you next month folks! :)

To my Mesaba "brothers" who keep trashing Pinnacle:

I would like to introduce you to the Kubler-Ross Model, otherwise known as the 5 Stages of Grief.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kübler-Ross_model

As your immature lashing out indicates, I'd guess that most of you are around the second stage, Anger.

I suggest that you come to grips with your "loss" and get through the Stages as quickly as you can.

You're all being incredible pricks. It'd be a huge favor to me if you could speed things along.

It's simple. My career expectation was based on our aircraft and their air service agreement. We have 126 CRJs and 16 CR9s. Both were under long term agreement with Delta. Back then, Delta had not announced any cuts for us. Recently we've had to give 3 planes away, but 2 of them were gained during our painting process and were never planned to stay long term. Therefore, there was no change really. My career expectation was being at this airline, with a stable fleet, until at least 2017. Unlike at Mesaba, where I'd be staring at a furlough once the Saabs were gone in less than 16 months.

You forgot to add that the airline you were working for was ranked worst airline to work at and had a crappy ass contract. Also, the airline you worked at had such bad performance, Delta deemed it necessary to start pulling planes you claim are steady. Do you think Delta would have hesitated to use the poor performance to start parking some of those steady 200's, or giving them to ASA so they can park their old ones? We all know how much Delta likes the 200's. I don't think your future, and now OUR future is as rosey as you make it seem.

To my Mesaba "brothers" who keep trashing Pinnacle:

I would like to introduce you to the Kubler-Ross Model, otherwise known as the 5 Stages of Grief.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kübler-Ross_model

As your immature lashing out indicates, I'd guess that most of you are around the second stage, Anger.

I suggest that you come to grips with your "loss" and get through the Stages as quickly as you can.

You're all being incredible pricks. It'd be a huge favor to me if you could speed things along.

I think you are using the wrong analogy. Our situation is closer to badgering an animal and trapping it in a corner. It will come out fighting in order to protect itself. Nice try though.

You forgot to add that the airline you were working for was ranked worst airline to work at and had a crappy ass contract. Also, the airline you worked at had such bad performance, Delta deemed it necessary to start pulling planes you claim are steady. Do you think Delta would have hesitated to use the poor performance to start parking some of those steady 200's, or giving them to ASA so they can park their old ones? We all know how much Delta likes the 200's. I don't think your future, and now OUR future is as rosey as you make it seem.
Pure speculation. As I stated before, we gained 2 xtra planes during the re-painting process and then we lost 3. The extra 2 were never long term aircraft. In the end, it balances out. Make no mistake, at the snapshot, Pinnacle's future was far better than Mesabas. Had it not been for the buyout, XJ's 60 RJs only would have meant a need for only about 800 pilots. The rest = furloughed. Half of them having been furloughed once already, and it would enter the 2007 DOH. Most junior non-furloughee would be early 2007 most likely.

I think you are using the wrong analogy. Our situation is closer to badgering an animal and trapping it in a corner. It will come out fighting in order to protect itself. Nice try though.

Jeril was hardly a "cornered animal" on May 23. So, no, your analogy is wrong.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back