• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How Low Can We Go?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I love when this ****************************** bag touts about stuff he hasn't a clue. Isn't recess almost over kid?
Aren't you the same dickhead that talks about how the Delta pilots rolled over on taking concessions?
You are the biggest troll around!

Did I say anything about taking concessions? I said pay freeze. Delta pilots did roll. And they would/still roll again. It's in their nature.

I have to disagree with the assessment that military guys are responsible for the low pay that we are now seeing.

Most guys and gals getting out of the military now have at a minimum 10 year commitment, which means that they are 32-33 y/o, and most probably have families that they have to support.

None of the guys that I know that have gotten out would even think of starting at a regional for 19-25 bucks an hour...THEY COULDN'T AFFORD IT. A Senior LT/Capt getting out of the mil is probably getting close to 90k a year. I personally would not work in this industry if I were making 20-30 bucks an hour...I could make more at McDonalds and be at home everynight.

The guys that are dragging down salaries are those that are willing to accept $20 an hour jobs as a regional FO. With people willing to fly for those salaries, of course management is going to farm out as much of thier operations to those entities.

Some mil guys have stayed in for 20 years and have a good retirement and they may not be so militant about drawing the last drop of blood from the company, but that is their perogative. Also remember that many of those guys and gals have made significant sacrificies over the past 20 years and are happy just getting a decent paycheck and not having anyone shooting at them.

We all make choices which affect how we look at our industry and our interests.

Did I say anything about taking concessions? I said pay freeze. Delta pilots did roll. And they would/still roll again. It's in their nature.

Thanks for proving my point kid. I'm sure by now the homeroom teacher is starting to get annoyed by your constant playing with yourself and the blackberry given to you by your mom.
Pay attention, math is really important. Since you're willing to work for nothing.

Its a balancing act we all must understand.

Yeah....it would be nice to make 150K as a Capt or 100K as an FO but we have to take what the current economic environment will give us. I'm happy to have a job flying a jet.

Dude.....read the post about the AA guys that gave huge pay cuts in bad times and got squat when they turned a profit. Your time will come and your attitude will change.

Whatever. This is why the airlines love retired military guys. It's a retirement job for us. Therefore, we don't rock the boat. Heck, I'd take a 10 year pay freeze at SWA to work there. It's just a supplement to my AF monthly check.

You should just be glad you have a job. Or, you could always go on strike and just strike yourself out of a job.

Posting flame bait....is this all you do? I don't think you believe half of what you post....you just get off on watching other people react. what a tool. I can't believe they gave you a commission.

Nearly 300 pilots at Midwest lost or are losing their jobs(mine included) for not accepting rediculous concessions from the company. We will see how that shakes out but I don't think I will be returning there.

We each have to look out for our own self interests. I chose or maybe due to circumstance, will have a check coming every month from the AF. Perhaps you chose a differnt path. You need to look out for your self. If that means demanding a ton of compensation and potentially bankrupting your employer, then that's your business. I am saying, for me, I'm willing to take whatever a company like SWA will give me. If the AF terminated their retirement plan, then maybe I'd be singing a different tune.

A retirement check after 20 years may be enough to fill your gas tank and buy a few rounds every month...nothing to get too excited about.

Why sell yourself short? If you fly for a living, demand what your worth! If you feel your worth less, stop flying for everyone's sake.

In fact, get out in the business world and make some real money. You'll feel better about yourself (hopefully) and you'll learn that that government check isn't worth as much as you profess, in more ways than one.

Cheers.

Pipejocky,

I see you started in a Metro and flew the RJ....What did those jobs pay to start? Just currious....

Coming from someone who bought his job at ASA?
Of course that was the only way you could get hired since at the time you couldn't sue anyone.

Because there was still a line out the door of those 500-hour MEIs to take the job.

Then maybe it's time for the FAA to require a minimum level of experience in order to pilot an airliner. Seems reasonable to me. But our industry is so safe, it would be a difficult argument. How ironic, that by creating the super safe industry we operate in, we are also giving management the excuse they need to justify the continuation of this horrible hiring practice they have going on at the regionals.

I say mins of 1500 and 500 are reasonable for a newhire flying any sort of transport category aircraft in passenger 121 ops. Many of these backpack wearing, spikey headed hair punks would give up long before acquiring that kind of time. But these jobs were literally thrown at those guys for the last 2 years.

The FAA won't change the outdated rest rules that the NTSB has been bichn about for a while now. You think they are going to raise the time requirements? The airlines would cry like little girls and the FAA will fold like they always do. If planes ain't falling out of the sky, nothing will change. Truth be told, the automated airliners of today are easier to "fly" than the steam gaugers of yesterday. The 300hr wonders can do it just fine.

Latest resources

Back