• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How Low Can We Go?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You all have probably had the same experience as I have, and that is pilots who are semi/fully-retired doing this for a "hobby"

What other hobby "careers" are out there?

Until recently, Real Estate sales and Financial Planning. These days, gay prostitution and Three-Card-Monte dealing.

Whatever. This is why the airlines love retired military guys. It's a retirement job for us. Therefore, we don't rock the boat. Heck, I'd take a 10 year pay freeze at SWA to work there. It's just a supplement to my AF monthly check.

You should just be glad you have a job. Or, you could always go on strike and just strike yourself out of a job.

Weellll, we have officially verified the stereotype.

I spent 24 years working my way up the aviation ladder to the point where I have the ability to demand pay commensurate to my qualifications, only to have the effort undermined by a Johnny-come-lately, amateur, aviation tourist. Fortunately, the professionals you eventually work with should identify your aberrant attitude and straighten you out.

Enjoy your blanket party, Private Pyle. You are one of the gay prostitutes I referred to in the response above.

"You should just be glad you have a job. Or, you could always go on strike and just strike yourself out of a job."

This is the selfish, I got mine, kind of attitude that is briniging our profession down. Spineless, Whiskey Deltas!

Welcome to Supply and Demand. She ain't pretty, is she? :(

I totally disagree!! The RJ operators could not fill classes starting in late 06 and 2007. It wasn't until 145 oil and all the capacity cut announcements This May that it all ended. And guess what? Those in contract negotiations like ASA got very little in their new contract. Nothing significant at all, and they signed that during the time in which regionals were lowering mins to just about a multi-comm. I mean 500-100?? I wouldn't let a guy fly a 172 by himself with that kinda time.

Why didn't supply and demand help then?

Whatever. This is why the airlines love retired military guys. It's a retirement job for us. Therefore, we don't rock the boat. Heck, I'd take a 10 year pay freeze at SWA to work there. It's just a supplement to my AF monthly check.

You should just be glad you have a job. Or, you could always go on strike and just strike yourself out of a job.

So may I ask you what you feel those of us who depend on this job for a living should do? Just cave, so people like you can continue earning a decent "retirement income". Go home and enjoy your retirement with your family, kids, grandchildren. And let those of us trying to earn a living do what it takes to compel the scum which is airline management, to pay us a wage commiserate with our responsibility and training.

We each have to look out for our own self interests. I chose or maybe due to circumstance, will have a check coming every month from the AF. Perhaps you chose a differnt path. You need to look out for your self. If that means demanding a ton of compensation and potentially bankrupting your employer, then that's your business. I am saying, for me, I'm willing to take whatever a company like SWA will give me. If the AF terminated their retirement plan, then maybe I'd be singing a different tune.

I totally disagree!! The RJ operators could not fill classes starting in late 06 and 2007. It wasn't until 145 oil and all the capacity cut announcements This May that it all ended. And guess what? Those in contract negotiations like ASA got very little in their new contract. Nothing significant at all, and they signed that during the time in which regionals were lowering mins to just about a multi-comm. I mean 500-100?? I wouldn't let a guy fly a 172 by himself with that kinda time.

Why didn't supply and demand help then?

Because there was still a line out the door of those 500-hour MEIs to take the job. When that stops ... you can get what you want out of management. Until then, they have all the cards. It ain't pretty ... but it is what it is.

BTW ... those of us trying to fly King Airs and Barons for local corp and charter operators also have to deal with Tanker Clown types. Retired mil guys who'll fly their asses off for $150 per day. It is rumoured that one local and large-ish 135 op with an all CE/CJ fleet is especially guilty of this. They won't hire a left seater nowadays unless he is drawing a retirement check.

Can't say I blame the owners, who are nice people. But the hoes like TC in the corp and 135 world deserve every ounce of scorn we can muster. People are trying to make a living and you're just trying to get away from wife for the day. Punk-ass beeyatches.:smash:

We each have to look out for our own self interests. I chose or maybe due to circumstance, will have a check coming every month from the AF. Perhaps you chose a differnt path. You need to look out for your self. If that means demanding a ton of compensation and potentially bankrupting your employer, then that's your business. I am saying, for me, I'm willing to take whatever a company like SWA will give me. If the AF terminated their retirement plan, then maybe I'd be singing a different tune.

I love when this ****************************** bag touts about stuff he hasn't a clue. Isn't recess almost over kid?
Aren't you the same dickhead that talks about how the Delta pilots rolled over on taking concessions?
You are the biggest troll around!

Latest resources

Back