Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heyas,

Been on and around since 1999.

None of the current trolls are 1/100 as funny as Jimbo. He was a pilot's troll...

Nu

#788 baby. although it shows I joined in 2001, I guess the changeover from the old forum reset everyone's join date?

How can you figure out your original start date or number? I can't figure it out....:(

Bye Bye--General Lee

Sometime around Spring 1999 while I was in college. The brass ringer chased back then has been heavily dossed with tarnish. If I could do it again, every once of energy would of gone to beer and irresponsibility before lifting a finger for this profession.

I have been on this forum since around 1997. I have changed names once, as has Blue Dude, and a few others. AvBug has been here a long time, Enigma too.

The board was originally started by a fellow Aviator named Mark, who is no longer with us. He was quite a guy. I still have some emails and PM's from him. He lost his life in a Lear 35 accident, and a friend stepped up to run this board and try to earn some revenue for the family that Mark had to leave behind. Perhaps someone with more recent knowledge can fill in the rest of the story.

Thank you Mark. You helped me and thousands of others learn about our industry, our profession, pass along techniques, find employment, and have some laughs along the way. God bless you.

Ty

Mark was a very decent guy.He owned a Commonwealth taildragger he kept in Middlefield,OH.He died in a mid air with a 172 near Akron.He was with a friend in an experimental.The line at the memorial service went all the way around the outside of that church !This is a link:

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?ev_id=20051019X01689&key=1

I've been here since 1998 or so,#399.That wayback machine was great ! Haven't seen JeffG since he was at PSA.I don't know if the old regulars like CFIITed,OzPilot,Poor727SO@night or IgnitionOverride still read this site or not.Bob Novak ran the ProPilot board.Then somebody threatened to sue him over some post on it and he shut it down.Remember The Flight Instructor's Homepage ? What a zoo !

Latest resources

Back