Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How long does it take UPS to let you know?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know that this has been discuss several times, but I am unclear when a canidates interviewed with UPS, then receiving your rejection letter or pool letter. Then how long after receiving it you were called for a class date!

If you score high enough you bypass "the pool" and are hired within a few weeks. Applicants that score below a certain point are placed in a pool and may or may not ever be hired. This is how it's been working since the early 90's.

While I disagree with UPS's hiring policy (and that of many other airlines'!) the fact remains they own the company and set the rules. I have found it much easier in life to learn "the rules" (since I have no power to change them) and attempt to prosper within them, than continually waste energy on the unfairness of them.

Good luck to all who seek employment at Big Brown!

BBB

I agree too, but why the hate for the guys fortunate enough to get through the process quickly? quote]

Did I ever say anything about hate? No, I haven't, although now that I think about it...there is some hate there! I hate the fact that these poor souls have been living in limbo for over a year. Yes, I work at Southwest. And no I am not a Kool-Aid drinker. I am very well aware that at the end of the day that I am just an employee number easily dispensible. However, it seems to me that UPS corporate culture sucks.

On a lighter note, I can't believe Captain Megadeth has agreed to something I posted! HA! HA!:p

UPS culture is what it is. At least our benefits are fantastic and the pay now is good and we have an excellent retirement--at least compared to SWA. Remember that our B plan is 12%, which means UPS will put the equivalent of 12% of our W2 earnings into a fund of our choice. So, while I admire SWA and envy the way you get treated there, I chose the UPS culture because of the total package. All of my net pay is disposable income whereas a SWA pilot has to budget out some cash to fund his 401k.

Is it safe to assume that if you do not know anyone at UPS you have virtually no shot at a job there since you cannot get an internal reccomendation? Wondering if I should even take the time to apply since I don't know anyone on the property. Thanks.:(

There was a guy in my class who worked part time for the x-mas sort. Not flying, but sorting packages. He was then looked at as part of UPS and transfering divisions, UPS loves to promote from within. Plus he now had a positive employment history, etc. gets the interview. Brilliant!!

So, if you have some free time this winter....

rob

Latest resources

Back