Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How long does it take UPS to let you know?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jet328

I interviewed with UPS two weeks ago. How long does it normally take for them to let you know if you are in or not. I was told a month. Does it take that long? Also, how long should I expect to swim before I get a class date if hired?

Thanks!!

jet328 said:
I interviewed with UPS two weeks ago. How long does it normally take for them to let you know if you are in or not. I was told a month. Does it take that long? Also, how long should I expect to swim before I get a class date if hired?

Thanks!!

Ask LLB how long the swim is.

The swim

It took me about 6 weeks to get the pool letter. If you did super outstanding in the interview you get the pool letter quick. If you kicked butt on the interview the wait time in the pool will be short. If you did so, so - get ready for a long swim. I'm on my second set of floaties :erm: LLB finally got out after I believe 16 months. I've been here that long as well as 4 or 5 others on flightinfo.

Chris

Jet328: There are 3 major categories that I know of, with exceptions to all.

Cat 1: They love you at the interview and ask you right there and then to stay over to do the medical the next day. They had stopped this practice for over a year but recently started again. These people bypass the pool and get a classdate within weeks.

Cat 2: You will wait 4 to 7 weeks for your "Congrats you're in the pool" letter. Average seems to be around 6 weeks. When in the brown pool you could be there a few weeks or a few years waiting on a classdate depending on how many points you scored on the interview. Your total points are taken from the interview, sim ride, how many internal recs you have and various other unknowns.

Cat 3: You get the "no thanks" letter about 2 to 4 weeks after the interview. UPS are like every other airline out there. Good people with perfect resume's that look like certain shoe-in's often do not get hired for no real reason. If that happens just move on and target your next airline of choice. I am not sure but I have never heard of anyone getting a second interview at UPS. Could be wrong though.

Hope this helps. Hope it's good news!
GB

JET328,

I have an interview this week. Did you bring any letters of rec other then internal. The package they send out says not to bring letters of rec from employers, friends, or co-workers. who is left?

Thanks, and good luck
Schmitty

receiving a pool letter may be somewhat of a let down (they have offered on the spot jobs in the past- may or may not do it now) however the "no thanks" is just that- do not believe they reinterview (could be wrong- special situation?)

I am not sure but I have never heard of anyone getting a second interview at UPS. Could be wrong though.

My college roomate made it on his second interview but that was 12 years ago. Things may be different now.

Any Chance the swim will be shorter with all the "hiring" they are supposed to be doing this year??? I was told by a UPS HR person at the Air Inc meeting that the pool will soon be drained and they will need to get people in fast. Good new for all the people still in the water if it is true.

jet328, schmitty340

Can you guys please give some details on your background. PIC, # of LORS, etc. Also, how long have you had your app. in? Thanks, good luck guys!

I have about 4500TT with 2500TPIC. Came to the interview with one LOR from a senior line pilot. I had the app in for about 4 months prior to the call. Also met with the HR folks at the last Air Inc meeting. My sponsor made some calls for me into HR to see where I stood which I feel did alot of good.

Hope this helps

Latest resources

Back