How is Life at Gojets?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Brief History

I am awaiting class as a combo fo/ca. They say I should be a captain shortly after finishing training.

The pay is ok to start and does not really concern me much. How many days per month do they work you? How many hours of credit do you get per month. Are there trip/duty regs?

What are the schedules like? Is there any incentive pay over 75 or 80 hours?

What is the 401k matching (it says zero on this site)?

Anything else you can tell me would be great.

Thank you.

On Oct. 26, 2004, TSA management informed TSA employees of their intent to pursue another operating certificate and to create a sister carrier to fly 70-seat or larger jets. This announcement came only after management had previously refused to agree with the TSA MEC to an industry-average pay rate for this larger aircraft or to apply the provisions of the collective bargaining agreement for negotiating pay rates for new equipment. As a result, TSA management blamed the MEC for preventing TSA from acquiring larger aircraft. In 2004, however, management changed its story, saying instead that the Allied Pilots Association’s contract with American Airlines prevented TSA from operating 70-seat aircraft. Trans States management has repeatedly tried to circumvent the promises upon which they agreed when they signed our contract.

In December 2004, TSA management submitted an application for gojet Airlines. In April 2005, United Airlines announced it had reached an agreement with gojet Airlines to fly 10 CRJ- 700s under the United Express banner (flying that Air Wisconsin used to do). Labor/management relations took a definite downward turn in February 2005, when the chairman of the TSA pilots Grievance Committee, was fired. Shortly thereafter, Local Executive Council 39 captain representative was also fired. During this time, TSA management voluntarily recognized the Teamsters as the bargaining representative for the pilots of gojet. This scheme involved the submission of authorization cards signed by only four management-selected pilots to the National Mediation Board and a Feb. 7, 2005, request for certification. The NMB certified the Teamsters request to represent the “personnel described as ‘pilots,’ employees of gojet Airlines” on April 11. The Teamsters voluntarily revoked the certification after ALPA alerted the NMB and the union that the alleged airline had no active pilots, aircraft, or operating certificate, and therefore, the voluntary recognition was both illegal and premature.

The regional jet industry began in 1965 with the launch of the DC-9, which carried as many passengers as the CRJ-700—the airplane that gojet will be flying under the United Express banner. In 1965, pilots made more money than what gojet pilots are paid today

We built this airline and we worked tirelessly through all the dark hours of TWA and the transfer to American

Firing of key union leaders, management intimidation of pilots filing grievances, strained labor relations, and to top it off the creation of an alter-ego airline

Anybody who tells you this is a unique situation is making excuses

Those pilots will never sit in my jumpseat. Period

BTW, now I DO carry a list of original GoJetters thanks to some on this board.

So will you look at it every time you have a jumper? Deny the DAL pilot because he worked at Go Jet? That would probably not sit well with DAL group even though it is your right.

Just curious.

you'd better believe also that I'd check the list if I were doing interviews for DAL and an ex-goJetter came in to interview.

Sorry - play by the rules or don't complain when you're not invited to play.

you'd better believe also that I'd check the list if I were doing interviews for DAL and an ex-goJetter came in to interview.

Yea because having gone to GJ matters to Suzy in HR and major airline pilots. Will Delta be in a pickle because they can't fly 300+ seats and have to resort to creating another airline and call it GoJets? Give me a break. GJ is legaly legitimate, not an alter ego it wasn't created to undermine any pilots.

And how retarded is Evansaero's post. Blanketing GJ, as if GJ is the problem to world wide lower pilot pay than it was back in the 1960s. If that's the case, what about the other regional pilots???

So will you look at it every time you have a jumper? Deny the DAL pilot because he worked at Go Jet? That would probably not sit well with DAL group even though it is your right.

Just curious.

I have checked every jumpseater religiously. It takes no time at all with a searchable word document on a pocketpc/palm. Any DAL pilot worth his/her salt should be thrilled to see us checking. The scumbag that is not getting a ride, has nothing to do with the DAL pilot group. Nearly every TSA/Mesa pilot I have checked has been thankful. Only 2 Freedum A-listers have been less than happy about the situation. Of course, I imagine they got over it while waiting for the next flight, which in at least one case, was the next day.

I have checked every jumpseater religiously. It takes no time at all with a searchable word document on a pocketpc/palm. Any DAL pilot worth his/her salt should be thrilled to see us checking. The scumbag that is not getting a ride, has nothing to do with the DAL pilot group. Nearly every TSA/Mesa pilot I have checked has been thankful. Only 2 Freedum A-listers have been less than happy about the situation. Of course, I imagine they got over it while waiting for the next flight, which in at least one case, was the next day.

rtmcfi if this is true then YOU truly are a class A scumbag. I see by your info that you have a hard on for Unions, your kind of stunts do nothing to unify pilots. Pilots against pilots won't do anything to bettering our cause.

On Oct. 26, 2004, TSA management informed TSA employees of their intent to pursue another operating certificate and to create a sister carrier to fly 70-seat or larger jets. This announcement came only after management had previously refused to agree with the TSA MEC to an industry-average pay rate for this larger aircraft or to apply the provisions of the collective bargaining agreement for negotiating pay rates for new equipment. As a result, TSA management blamed the MEC for preventing TSA from acquiring larger aircraft. In 2004, however, management changed its story, saying instead that the Allied Pilots Association’s contract with American Airlines prevented TSA from operating 70-seat aircraft. Trans States management has repeatedly tried to circumvent the promises upon which they agreed when they signed our contract.

In December 2004, TSA management submitted an application for gojet Airlines. In April 2005, United Airlines announced it had reached an agreement with gojet Airlines to fly 10 CRJ- 700s under the United Express banner (flying that Air Wisconsin used to do). Labor/management relations took a definite downward turn in February 2005, when the chairman of the TSA pilots Grievance Committee, was fired. Shortly thereafter, Local Executive Council 39 captain representative was also fired. During this time, TSA management voluntarily recognized the Teamsters as the bargaining representative for the pilots of gojet. This scheme involved the submission of authorization cards signed by only four management-selected pilots to the National Mediation Board and a Feb. 7, 2005, request for certification. The NMB certified the Teamsters request to represent the “personnel described as ‘pilots,’ employees of gojet Airlines” on April 11. The Teamsters voluntarily revoked the certification after ALPA alerted the NMB and the union that the alleged airline had no active pilots, aircraft, or operating certificate, and therefore, the voluntary recognition was both illegal and premature.

The regional jet industry began in 1965 with the launch of the DC-9, which carried as many passengers as the CRJ-700—the airplane that gojet will be flying under the United Express banner. In 1965, pilots made more money than what gojet pilots are paid today

We built this airline and we worked tirelessly through all the dark hours of TWA and the transfer to American

Firing of key union leaders, management intimidation of pilots filing grievances, strained labor relations, and to top it off the creation of an alter-ego airline

Anybody who tells you this is a unique situation is making excuses

Those pilots will never sit in my jumpseat. Period

Isn't it interesting this guy points out "the flying that air wisconsin used to do" but does not mention anything about the flying that he does for Eagle. He also leaves out the part where the TSA pilots tried and failed both in court and with the NMB to get the GoJet pilots under one list, because his story is altered for his own perspective.

The agreement between AA and TSAH is what kept them from 70-seat jets, which was due because of the scope agreement between APA and AA.

If you work at TSA and deny a Gojet jumpseater you'll be fired, that came from their own chief pilot's office. I'd be careful if you deny one. And like what was already said, you're probably denying a furloughed mainline pilot when you do. Yeah, that'll do you well.

GoJet is not an alter-ego airline. Believe what you want, do what you want. The real world fact is that they aren't, and every new-hire is a furloughed pilot, including TSA pilots. Hope you enjoy denying a GoJet ex-TSA pilot that jumpseat. Real humane of you.

Small world. One of their interviewers at DAL gave me my private pilot's license and I've known him well over 20 years. I talked to him late last night. He could give a _ _ _ _ about the feud between TSA's pilots and TSA, and he agrees, this "dispute" has nothing to do with the pilots at GoJet and that its' infintile for TSA pilots to think so. But, you're Cap'n know-it-all. Herhaps I'll tell him to look out for a 4,000 hr "Captain" at XJ's resume and your attitude for leaving perfectly legit pilots at the gate and your jumpseat empty. Not that they're doin' much hirin' these days.

You have got to be kidding. EVERY single one? And as for Mesa pilots being concerned and grateful - that's funny. There are more pressing issues at hand there currently. Sure, perhaps that used to be the sentiment, but I can assure you it's not that way now. It is well known internally who the "A Listers" are. And for the most part people dont care. They do the Mesa Shuffle - they show up, they fly, they go home.

The jumpseat is a tool designed to help YOU get to and from work. You have the right to your opinions, but just keep in mind your actions may very well affect another's ability to commute the next time they need a ride. You keep up with your "scab lists" or whatever you want to call them. I know plenty of CA who keep "******************************bag lists" on people like you. You see they get your name and the next time a company commuter rides the jump they ask that person if they know you. Then they explain what a d-bag you were. And then usually that commuter comes down on you for making it harder for them to get home. Get the point? It works both ways.

Latest resources

Back