• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How is avant air?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How do you get your domicile? Do they put you where they need you or do you choose? Do you have to live a certain distance from domicile? What are the schedules?

1. You choose from what's available at the time. They usually don't hire into Florida, but you can always ask.
2. Two hours.
3. Week on, week off. You bid for start dates, they try to accommadate.

I just got here, but I like it so far.

Regards, Wacoflyr

becoming competitive for Avantair

How does one become competitive for Avantair? In essence, I'm asking how did some of you get there? I'm looking at being a CFI to build time then working for Alpha Flying to gain fractional experience. Only problem with Alpha Flying is the lack of ME time. I was going to ME CFI to get the time on the side. Will that be sufficient or will I need to stop at the regional for a year or two?

My background: currently USAF, have a commercial SE,4 year degree, no black marks on the record at all.

Thanks for your inputs.

How does one become competitive for Avantair? In essence, I'm asking how did some of you get there? I'm looking at being a CFI to build time then working for Alpha Flying to gain fractional experience. Only problem with Alpha Flying is the lack of ME time. I was going to ME CFI to get the time on the side. Will that be sufficient or will I need to stop at the regional for a year or two?

My background: currently USAF, have a commercial SE,4 year degree, no black marks on the record at all.

Thanks for your inputs.

Good plan
We've been hiring a lot of Alpha guys lately, and my experience doing IOE with them has been great! Good skills, both flying and CS related, and their lack of multi hasn't seemed to be a real hardship for any of them. And, real nice folks to fly with!
Bring 'em on!

Thanks for your inputs.

Why do you bring up Commercial SE? That won't help here. I think you were saying your going to try to get ME time as a CFI and assume you already have your ME CFI. That would indicate you already have a Commercial ME, which would help a ton more at Avantair.

Your post indicated you have a Commercial ME right up until you said you have a Comm SE. If you have the Comm ME then why state the SE, and if you don't then how ya gonna teach ME?

IF you do have the Comm ME and the hours for ATP then please do send an app. I really like prior military and look forward to seeing you on line.

The cycle is swinging through another change. Lower timers grab your interview while it's there...

Why is that airplane so damn loud? I was eating lunch at an outdoor restaurant the other day and I heard what sounded like and airplane losing power. I looked over my shoulder and sure enough, it was a Piagio 180!!! How is the noise level inside the cabin?

Latest resources

Back