• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How GK made me feel today!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So what happens if nothing gets accomplished at this stage of the game? SWA has already purchased Airtran, right? Will they just continue to operate as two seperate carriers? Is Airtran already on SWA pay rates?

Yes the art of negotiations......"in Lieu" could mean; without arbitration but with the mediation process. Or it could mean SWA goes back on their word and doesn't integrated. I thought GK was a man of his word? It is in writing after all. Just read our CBA which you now OWN and are enslaved to unless we agree otherwise.

I hope your joking. That statement is about to-faced as it can get . Your NC yanked GK & co. around for 2 weeks, going between Dallas, ATL, and Washington to make sure all the dots are doted and Tees crossed. ALL ALONG NO INTENTION OF GOING THROUGH WITH IT.

Step back and ask yourself what you would do if someone did this to you.

GK told us if we voted down our TA ( TA1) there would be 40 million less in the next offer. That was exactly what was in TA2. He is not the puzzie that some AT pilots think he is.

Remember, ALPA is not looking out for the best interest of the AT pilots.

I personally think Gary is a straight shooter, and says it like its going to be.

So if they continue to operate seperately and Airtran isn't as profitable as SWA, which will be the case, will SWA want to sell Airtran? Or will they just work on it to mirror the SWA business model?

It's good to see a management team look out for it's people and culture these days.

Last edited:
So if they continue to operate seperately and Airtran isn't as profitable as SWA, which will be the case, will SWA want to sell Airtran? Or will they just work on it to mirror the SWA business model?

It's good to see a management team look out for it's people and culture these days.

The usual management blueprint for keeping separate operating certificates is to wind down one operation and replace that flying with the other operation's aircraft and personnel.

I have no insight into Southwest's plans but when GK announced Southwest flights into ATL yesterday, it sounds like what they're planning on doing. By the time a final integration is reached, there won't be much of anything left to integrate. This is about Southwest getting a turnkey ATL hub; I am under the impression that Southwest will scuttle the entire AirTran operation if it becomes a PITA to integrate. http://www.menafn.com/qn_news_story.asp?storyid={eae6f8fd-7ca2-4911-a2af-b8ae95875a0d}

The usual management blueprint for keeping separate operating certificates is to wind down one operation and replace that flying with the other operation's aircraft and personnel.

I have no insight into Southwest's plans but when GK announced Southwest flights into ATL yesterday, it sounds like what they're planning on doing. By the time a final integration is reached, there won't be much of anything left to integrate. This is about Southwest getting a turnkey ATL hub; I am under the impression that Southwest will scuttle the entire AirTran operation if it becomes a PITA to integrate. http://www.menafn.com/qn_news_story.asp?storyid={eae6f8fd-7ca2-4911-a2af-b8ae95875a0d}

Might want to bone up on what events trigger M-B, Andy.

I'll also venture that the AAI pilots aren't going to be the PITA, if there is one. . . . All we want is a fair shake; a 32% seniority haircut isn't a fair shake. There is a Process Agreement in place, everyone just needs to follow the Agreement.

Last edited:

Fed 12th, the first domino falls........

Might want to bone up on what events trigger M-B, Andy.

I'll also venture that the AAI pilots aren't going to be the PITA, if there is one. . . . All we want is a fair shake; a 32% seniority haircut isn't a fair shake. There is a Process Agreement in place, everyone just needs to follow the Agreement.

Ty, I've got no dog in this fight so I'm not going to spend any time digging up the details of the acquisition. I'm also not a Southwest fan; I'm just stating what I see as the likely course of action. If you've got something in writing that prevents Southwest from taking that course of action, post it.

As far as a fair shake, I think the negotiated package was fair. Again, I've got no skin in the game and the outcome will not have any effect on me.

You AT guys keep spouting the same BS.

32% ALPA talking point. All real world BS.

The first 1600 SWA guys won't be touched. They were here before you existed as an airline.

So, even your number 1 pilot will end up 1601 out of 8000.

That's a 20% 'haircut'. For your #1 guy. With varying % for the rest.

Really what do you want? You had an opportunity to receive a financial windfall.

Especially coming from a guy who has an application on file at Southwest.

Really???

You AT guys keep spouting the same BS.

32% ALPA talking point. All real world BS.

The first 1600 SWA guys won't be touched. They were here before you existed as an airline.

So, even your number 1 pilot will end up 1601 out of 8000.

That's a 20% 'haircut'. For your #1 guy. With varying % for the rest.

Really what do you want? You had an opportunity to receive a financial windfall.

Especially coming from a guy who has an application on file at Southwest.

Really???

Look at the proposed list. It's plain as day.

With the exception of those at the bottom (0%-0% = 0 % loss) and a handful of guys at the very top of our list (who had a 20% loss) the loss most of us are looking at is 32% which translates into about 4 years' loss. We're integrated with pilots hired 3-4 years after our DOH. That's not acceptable.

I don't know who you were referencing as having an application on file, maybe you should check your facts more thoroughly, but then you wouldn't really have anything to post, would you?

Latest resources

Back