• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How GK made me feel today!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No kidding, but I feel like that right now after the last 34% loss of seniority in their last proposal.

"in lieu of"

These are three words that Gary spoke today that will keep me up tonight!

Yes the art of negotiations......"in Lieu" could mean; without arbitration but with the mediation process. Or it could mean SWA goes back on their word and doesn't integrated. I thought GK was a man of his word? It is in writing after all. Just read our CBA which you now OWN and are enslaved to unless we agree otherwise.

Good Luck with that!

Just read our CBA which you now OWN and are enslaved to unless we agree otherwise.
Enslaved to? That's hilarious. Gary never goes back on his word. Just ask RSW pilots about "All I want for Xmas is gates at MDW"

That's okay. You can negotiate against him for six years like we did to get him to remember his word.

Lotta bravado there for someone who is on an island without a ship.

The ball was in motion before the the MEC voted not to let the guys decide. Some people just dont know how to read between lines. Its unfortunate for the bottom half who would have taken the deal even if it wasnt the best.

That sense of ENTITLEMENT will do it every time.

Stand up to your own union guys and tell them what you want as a majority not as a minority. Its obvious the reps at the top could care less about anyone but themselves. Some things are worth standing up for.

Best of luck to both groups

Yes the art of negotiations......"in Lieu" could mean; without arbitration but with the mediation process. Or it could mean SWA goes back on their word and doesn't integrated. I thought GK was a man of his word? It is in writing after all. Just read our CBA which you now OWN and are enslaved to unless we agree otherwise.

Max,

You still don't get it. I suggest you stop posting on flightinfo and start emailing your reps and see what kind of deal can be saved. All AT pilots must realize that seniority was not an option for them. Sl9 was your best deal. I think Gary has made it clear that if he let's it go to arbitration and it is a bad deal for HIS pilots he will not integrate the list. You guys were offered a generous compensation package and now you are having to worry if you will even have a job because of a lone 7 and ALPA. That what greed and entitlement is good for. That is what is wrong with this country. Everybody thinks they deserve what the other guy has even though they didn't help to build it. I wish you all luck. I really don't want any thing to happen to you or your families, but i do think it is time for you to be more realistic. After all you were BOUGHT.

M/B emboldened AAI ALPA and they overeached. If Gary makes any offer at all, it will look much different. And most likely the last.

Latest resources

Back