Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

Options:
USA Jet loves mil guys. If you mostly have rotor time u start as a Falcon 20 FO $34K base and 11 hard days off. If u have mostly FW time U may get to start as a -9 FO $39K base and 13 hard days off.

Overseas carriers:
If you have 500 on the -320, there's a million contracts available, including DEC (Direct Entry Captain-called "Street Captain" in the US). You'll make $100K plus with housing, transportation, schooling for your kids, etc. Even if you just have the -320 type, there are some contract jobs paying decent money.

Other jobs:
U may be able to find some other jobs with that time. Flight Options???

Regional Street Captain:
Go to Colgan, Big Sky, Great Lakes, Pinnacle, TSA or somewhere else that has low capt upgrade mins, because you won't be an FO long at those places.

Good luck!

cliff
LRD
PS-Join aptap.org if you haven't already. It's Army Pilot To Airline Pilot. It was originally designed for Army helo guys, but there's lots of mil guys there including FW guys. Great networking and advice. I got a job and an interview there and can get help for more if I want.

You don't NEED a new cell phone-
You don't NEED a car payment-
You don't NEED to eat out-
You don't NEED to have the big screen TV-
IPOD
Hair gel
$360.00 Leather jacket

It's not that hard. you just don't get to live like your friends. You can't HAVE IT ALL.

My niece.......26 years old.
$220,000 interest only mortgage
$400/month car payment X 2 (for boyfriend)
every cable channel available on her 42" flat screen
600 pairs of shoes
Just bought a Coach dog collar for her puppy "cause at 40% off $50 is not much for this collar"

She is a hairdresser
Live-in boyfriend is a landscaper but a really "talented artist" She constantly complains about having no money

Where is the fiscal responsibility?

It's really not that hard

Interest only mortages is one of the reasons that so many people are in trouble with their home loans in the United States.

If your name is Donald Trump it is usually not a problem to have a interest only loan.

Interest only mortages is one of the reasons that so many people are in trouble with their home loans in the United States.

If your name is Donald Trump it is usually not a problem to have a interest only loan.

yeah really.... why build equity when you can just shovel money into the bank.... just not into your account

I dated a girl in college who didn't fully grasp the concept of an ATM... she knew it gave her money, but not that the money was deducted from some type of account (it was her daddy's card).. When I explained this to her she looked at me funny, and said "so the bank goes around and puts some of your money in each ATM machine?"...

i remember she had real big....

I don't have any great advice for you. I know that most married guys need to have their wives work at least for a while. I think alot of regionals will pay CA pay if you are doing training on your days off (i think). So especially with a military background you could help teach the security classes. You could get involved with HR interviewing potential new hires.

Some guys go to places where seniority builds fast then they do work in real estate or morgage stuff.

I know the market in real estate is flat right now, but you could do minimal training and do home inspections on your days off. I think that is a few hundred bucks per inspection, and in alot of states the training is like a week or two long.

If your place pays 150 or 200% for picking up trips on your days off that may be an option to kick up your hourly pay rate. Sorry dude thats the best advice i have, the first year is tough.

Ditto what atpcliff posted. APTAP is a great network, and, if I could move to MI I would have applied to USA Jet. How long until you ETS? Start tightening the belt now for the lean times to come.

Also, what about the Reserves?
"+" Keep the pay grade/time in service.
"-" That's pretty obvious.

I hear Best Buy is a good place for non-standard work schedules.

I think there really is a place and time for interest only mortgages.

For the average homeowner though, I really think if you take out interest only vs. fixed rate regular mortgage, you are a f***ing moron! I mean, you only pay down about $100 a month on principal, but at least in 30 years, you will have a paid off house at least. If you are pushing it so tight, that you can't afford the extra $100 a month and you need an interest only, you are a moron because you cannot afford the place you are buying.

I survived by getting out!! My expenses far exceeded my income. I tried to budget myself, but honestly, the job just wasn't worth giving up my previous lifestyle!

Hey thanks a lot guys...I know the first year F/O pay really hurts, but I guess I'll bite the bullet and see how it goes....as ATPcliff, deadstick and papps mentioned I guess the only way is to pick up more time, get into real estate or work within the company if there are other positions available. I am getting out of the US Marines in a few months....have to brace for impact. Thanks....wish me luck

Latest resources

Back