• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How do you survive?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I sat down and figured out how much pay I would need to break even, meaning to meet all my expenses. Even with my debt load, it's somewere in the neighborhood of $17,000. Granted, I live in cheap apartments and have an older car that's payed for, but it's pretty do-able.

-Goose

You don't NEED a new cell phone-
You don't NEED a car payment-
You don't NEED to eat out-
You don't NEED to have the big screen TV-
IPOD
Hair gel
$360.00 Leather jacket

It's not that hard. you just don't get to live like your friends. You can't HAVE IT ALL.

My niece.......26 years old.
$220,000 interest only mortgage
$400/month car payment X 2 (for boyfriend)
every cable channel available on her 42" flat screen
600 pairs of shoes
Just bought a Coach dog collar for her puppy "cause at 40% off $50 is not much for this collar"

She is a hairdresser
Live-in boyfriend is a landscaper but a really "talented artist" She constantly complains about having no money

Where is the fiscal responsibility?

It's really not that hard

Wow! You've got the makings of a movie (or at least a sit-com) there...you should send this post to the WB! :) True words though...it's especially tough when everyone THINKS you're living like a king because you're an "airline pilot"!

Here's my question....how do you survive first year regional pilot pay. Most of the pilots are single and for the married ones who are just getting into the regional market, how can you support your family with less than $1500/ month.
I am currently a US Marine...about to get out soon...have 1000TT 100 multi CFI, II, MEI and an A 320 type ...right now if I look at my lifestyle....I have a huge house on base with a 2 car garage (by the way housing is free) and unlimited use of ac in summer and heat in winter. Even after having a free house I still bring home 1000 every 2 weeks. I am looking into getting into the regional market, but can't figure out how to support my wife and kid with that kind of pay....scary...a cousin of my mine told me...just bite the bullet the first 2 years and it'll improve after that....any advice...

It's like that commercial on tv.... "How do you afford it?"

"I'm IN DEBT UP TO MY EYEBALLS"

Good luck, plan the work, work the plan. Planning is the only way.

Trojan

I don't have a problem.

My dad paid cash for 'Riddle, my graduation gift was a Lexus, and my VISA bill goes to my parents' house.

All my flying money is for play.....AND when I turn 23, I can upgrade to captain and make even MORE money!

This game is fun!

Just watch "Man vs. Wild" on the discovery channel!

That's funny.

Seriously though, is there any way your wife can work a little when you are off? I would fly extra if you could and this is a good time to really learn how to budget if you don't already.

Last edited:
I don't have a problem.

My dad paid cash for 'Riddle, my graduation gift was a Lexus, and my VISA bill goes to my parents' house.

All my flying money is for play.....AND when I turn 23, I can upgrade to captain and make even MORE money!

This game is fun!

I know two guys like that...ones 25 and a captain at Skywest....pretty badass dude.

The other is a real POS....

Cant really be mad that they got all the luck, but if they are an a$$hole like the second guy i know then im not a very nice person.

I made movies, lots of movies. I now fly for fun and service the old sky hags that occasionally hand out cokes and peanuts.

ASAFOE120- Wish i had time to look at your web site but im interested. Does any money have to come out of my pocket at all? Send me a pm if you want. Thanks

Latest resources

Back