Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bell47

shoveling the dream!
I have heard of "SCAB" airlines. If someone was applying to the airlines for a job, how would you know who NOT to apply to because of the past history of hiring scabs.

What makes you think that one of these so called scab airlines would hire you in the first place?

bell47 said:
I have heard of "SCAB" airlines. If someone was applying to the airlines for a job, how would you know who NOT to apply to because of the past history of hiring scabs.

Look at the little yellow book.

Simple, they wouldn't because I wouldn't apply. Please, no more smarta$$es. It's a legit question.

bell47 said:

You can usually tell by the stench.

Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about working someplace that has hired scabs in the past. As long as you yourself have not crossed a picket line, there isn't much to worry about.

That would cut out CAL, JB, SWA, and just about anyone on the regional level. Certainly would not want to apply at any of those places, no way you would want to be in the cockpit with one of those guys.

As long as you yourself have not crossed a picket line, there isn't much to worry about

Not so sure about that.

Do you really want to work with SCABS?
Fly with them and hang out with them...?

Don't think so.

Rather my sister in a whore-house than me sharing a cockpit with a scum-bag scab.

bell47 said:
Is there such a thing as a "scab" airline?

FN FAL said:
Is there such a thing as a "scab" airline?

Valu Jet was often referred to as Scab Jet! And before any Air-Tran guys get upset I said was. Not is still.

This is a ridiculous question.

bell47 said:
Simple, they wouldn't because I wouldn't apply. Please, no more smarta$$es. It's a legit question.

There are no so called "scab" airlines.

*Every* airline in operation today has scabs working for them.

You're going to have a very hard time finding a job in this job market if you're going to start denying companies the pleasure of your pristine resume.

Are you a virgin too?

It's time to grow up and realize that over the course of an entire career you're gonna have to work with people you don't like.

Republicans. Democrats. Scabs. Management. Men. Women. Straight. Gay. Black. White.

It's a big scary world out there.

Good luck.

Latest resources

Back