How do I get a JB Interview?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ZKMAYO,

Congrats on the getting hired at JB. You won't regret it. If you have any questions about anything (training, crashpads, reserve, airbus... ect.) pm me.

Merry Christmas

Stillflyn

For The Record

In keeping with the title of this post, there are 41 female pilots currently on the line at JB, and if you do the math, that is under 4% figuring 952 pilots.

Off the record, only because I don't know for certain, I believe we have maybe 8-10 black pilots.

Like the previous poster stated, we hire on the basis of qualifications and personality, mostly in that order because of our methodology.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Very New Year.

Thanks! This thread has me ROFL! I love seeing the rhetoric thats starts flying anytime anyone has anything negative to say about any of the, for lack of a better term "koolaid" gulping carriers. Nothing negative implied here, I just don't have a definition for these type companies, where hiring is mostly specific on the candidates adaptation to the "corporate culture" and integration with that workforce.

As to the other "minority" thing. You guys just really have to grow up.

Happy Holidays!

Jetboy said:
How can I get called? I have had my stuff in with them since darn near the beginning. I now have 2 LORs, but with the new application system it appears they do not take this into account until after an interview is scheduled. I would like to be among those hired for 2005. Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
FearlessFreep said:
Thanks! This thread has me ROFL!

As to the other "minority" thing. You guys just really have to grow up.

Happy Holidays!
I am glad you are enjoying it. Merry Christmas!!

It has nothing to do with growing up, it has everything to do with acting appropriately. Nothing more, nothing less.

Try to have a good holiday season.

jetblue320,

What I referencing is that all the rhetoric about minorities was not specific to how JB wants to handle it. (Actually 4-6% women is higher than the averages I have seen which is more like 1-2%) It was in reference to the ludicrous behavior of people who have nothing better to do than beat that old drum - a little tiring and juvenile. The quota system has not been in place in aviation for a long time. People just need to get over it. It's just an easy scapegoat issue for people to use for their inability to score a job at the company of their choice. The people that usually spout that garbage are the ones that have not had to experience what it is like to sit on the other side of the fence. It has nothing to do with who the minorities are, only what they were born as - not something anyone has a lot of control over.

As to where someone wants to work and what their expectations are - that's something different. People have a choice to seek employment at any company that they think will work for them or they can work with. It's an opinion - and people get to have them; even if they are contrary to what others might think. I find the opinions of both the 'drinkers and non-drinkers' to be entertaining & inspirational! JetBlue works for you and I am glad that it does. That is not to say that it will be an acquired taste for all.

Take Care & Good Luck To All!

FearlessFreep said:
jetblue320,

What I referencing is that all the rhetoric about minorities was not specific to how JB wants to handle it. (Actually 4-6% women is higher than the averages I have seen which is more like 1-2%) It was in reference to the ludicrous behavior of people who have nothing better to do than beat that old drum - a little tiring and juvenile. The quota system has not been in place in aviation for a long time. People just need to get over it. It's just an easy scapegoat issue for people to use for their inability to score a job at the company of their choice. The people that usually spout that garbage are the ones that have not had to experience what it is like to sit on the other side of the fence. It has nothing to do with who the minorities are, only what they were born as - not something anyone has a lot of control over.

As to where someone wants to work and what their expectations are - that's something different. People have a choice to seek employment at any company that they think will work for them or they can work with. It's an opinion - and people get to have them; even if they are contrary to what others might think. I find the opinions of both the 'drinkers and non-drinkers' to be entertaining & inspirational! JetBlue works for you and I am glad that it does. That is not to say that it will be an acquired taste for all.

Take Care & Good Luck To All!
Nice post.

quotas

get over it huh? you tell that to my son when he doesn't get the job. why should my daughter have an advantage over my son? it's discrimination and it's unconstitutional. I don't think it's the type of thing we're supposed to "get over."

it's like saying to someone in south africa 30 years ago...apartheid...just get over it...it's exactly the same thing...it's discrimination of a "positive" kind...but it's still discrimination...and it's wrong.

with finite numbers...it does matter because someone doesn't get the job...someone else does...when you play race and gender into the equation...it changes who gets hired. some of you choose to "get over it." fine...I respect your opinion...just realize what you are doing...you're allowing the PC winds of change to dictate a policy that is fundamentally unfair to someone else.

FearlessFreep said:
The quota system has not been in place in aviation for a long time.
Hey cyclone, did you miss this part?

Latest resources

Back