• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How do I get a JB Interview?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It supplements our income Freddie. Did they let you out for the holidays? Just like Hinkley.:p

Hopeful for a sack gets the facts again

Hey Nutsack,

"but your P/E is still one of the highest in the industry. 54! Give me a break. your stock sucks."

Where do you get your numbers ?? Today's numbers showed JB's P/E the same as SWA's, both at 39. I guess your right (obviously not the 54 P/E part), JB must be tanking it to have a P/E that matches SWA's. They might as well fold now, how could anybody want to be compared to the limited financial success of SWA ?

You really need to spend less time trying to coax that angry squirrel back inside to meet your gerbil.

Freddie Spencer said:
Hopeful,
What's your friggin problem? At least they get to clean out seat pockets after each leg... Wish I got to do that...

Ah,
I've got it.....the answer lies in your last remark. When you were a young whipper snapper your mommy made you clean your room. Hence, the phobia of cleaning.
I retract my last remark "you can reapply in 6 months". I'm afraid, if you were lucky enough to have such a fine job, the helping straighten the cabin thing would throw you back into a full blown relapse. Years of therapy down the drain.

I got my numbers from yahoo finance.

foward looking P/E: 1 year

JBLU 54

SWA 28

Who is in better shape I wonder. Don't try and compare JB to SWA. Thats like comparing a junior high team to the super bowl champs.

P/E ratios

dont mean jack sh1t on whether a stock will go up or go down. What DOES make a stock go up or down is buying or selling of the stock by investors. "Investor confidence" comes into play regarding company XYZ and their stock.

here is a performance chart with all the non-bankrupt airlines displayed. If you choose "90 days" (right click on the scroll bar) you will see that JBLU is indeed recently the worst performer, with America West closely following.

http://stockcharts.com/webcgi/perf.html?JBLU,CAL,DAL,AMR,NWAC,LUV,AWA,FRNT

P/E ratios are a invention of academia and economists. Had someone used "high P/E" as a reason to not buy a stock, they would have missed TASR ($1 to $100 in one year), RIMM ($7 to $80 in one year), AMR ($3 to $17 in 6 months), to include CSCO in the 1990s, in which $10,000 investment would have peaked at 202 million dollars (no joke, I am serious) in the 90s

if someone wants to focus on P/E ratios and nothing else, fine, be my guest

later

Flying Freddie said:
Dear Mister Hopeful,

Looks like you need to up your dosage. Anger management not going as well as you like? Lots of depression around Christmas. Keep a stiff upper lip and bite me dude.

Have a great new year.

Love,

Freddie
Come on now, SierraMike......Thou shallt not spew Blue Juice whilst drinking at the Kool-Aid Cafe......

Back to the original question,

I just got hired at JB for a Feb05 class. I put in my app about 1.5 years ago and kept updating it once every few months early on, then about once a month this summer as things got uncomfortable at my current carrier. I received a call for the phone interview back in Sept. Interviewed in Oct, in Phase 2 for about 7 weeks, and just called last week for the offer.

For the record, I am a white male from regional ranks. And from a look around the room at the other applicants the day of the interview at NYC, the post above about minorities only is completely unfounded. It seemed to me JB didnt seem overly concerned about the ethnicity of their crews, only their qualifications and personalities.

As far as JB surviving the next 2 years, all signs point to them being one of the carriers best positioned for growth. They'll have 200+ airplanes by late 2008 with options for another 200. They may lose some $ this quarter but nothing like most of the others out there. JB pays for airplanes, all are still under warranty. The key to keeping expenses low for them is continued growth bc a new airplane brings the average cost down by averaging an older airplanes cost with the new one's. Everyone Ive talked to about the E170 has loved the airplane, so I would imagine the E190 would not be considered junk.

No one should buy stock based on its share price. Yes, JB stock has lost a substantial part of its value over the last year, but I believe its investors general wariness of airline stocks in the current environment.

Someone made the comment about JV vs World Champs. Ive always thought of SWA as Walmart (biggest, largest LCC) and JB as Target (more upscale, good value, not quite as in your face). I mean these comparisons in a good way, nothing to slam any airline.

Hope this helps the thread starter.

Latest resources

Back