• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How did you get to where you are now?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Go figure I was still offered a job even tho I wont have my comm multi for another few weeks. Must be pretty bad over at GLA? Ya I ran my mouth because your pilot group minus a few are some of the most immature people I have ever ran across. Like I said it may be only a few rotten eggs that spoil the bunch, but the ones I talked with were ****************************************. 2. After talking with my cousin and a retired united 74 captain I realized how dumb it would be to not finish college just to go to a regional. Let alone a regional that starts you at $16 bucks an hour. Lastly, I think the only other regional I may have smack talked would be GJ for obvious reasons. So unless I direct smack talk towards you, you can stay out of this one bud.

Offered a job without a multi really man??? Stop kidding yourself.. The only people who are getting hired right now have 1200-2600 hr and are furloughed from other places. Our posted mins are 750 and 50 if you have looked recently. So tell me please what makes your 260 hr with a comm. single so competitive at GLA? we don't and never will hire people with under 300 hr, or is it your big mouth? Obviously your full of it when you say they offered you a job.. For your info things at GLA a not bad at all right now. We are not furloughing pilots, we are hiring with fast upgrades, we are still making money, and you don't and probably never will work here! Sounds perfect to me. On the bright side finishing school is a good idea and you would not have the time to do it while flying for a regional. Seriously man all I'm doing is standing up for what the true facts are and I'm sure there are other people on the forum that feel the same way and have not said anything to you. Just stop making things up and move on with your life..

This is a nameless forum no need to drop names. The gentleman said when you have your comm multi within the next few weeks give me your resume and you'll have the job. I didn't know you flew cessan's is that how you got the job? Or was it your vast knowledge of the industry that you've recieved from you 800 tt? Why would I try an brag about getting a job at quite possibly the lowest regional to work for? Please tell me why?

On to the real reason why this thread was started. How many of you flew traffic watch to help build time? An outfit here in Chicago only pays you roughly 5 dollars an hour if I heard correctly for reporting and they dont pay the pilot at all. So there is always the 2 people in the plane and they rotate. Is this normal? I really don't understand how they can pay less than minimum wage granted I called on this job right before the semester started maybe the pay went up but I doubt it.

I actually got the job because 1. I had friends whom I did not make mad with a big mouth. 2. because I paid my dues flight instructing for a year. and lastly in my 800hrs I have learned a lot no I don't know everything there is to know and nor do I act like I do. All I'm trying to do is put your attitude with great lakes and go jet to sleep. You are not even in the industry yet you talk like you are.. In my opinion and many others the only people who should and have a reason to have beef with Go jet are those who work for Trans States and have been directly effected by Go Jets business. The pilots at Go are just trying to do the same thing as all us us. Build time tho get to where they want to go. No need for names because I honestly don't care who " offered you a job" Lets just put your talk of GLA and Go to sleep dude its been getting you no where for quite sometime..

To answer your question about a traffic watch job. Two pilots in a single pilot airplane is not needed. The only way you could both log time is if one pilot is a CFI and signs it off a dual given. Most airlines would probably still bring that up in an interview seeing that your logging dual given in a Cessna doing a traffic watch job. It just doesn't add up.

I actually got the job because 1. I had friends whom I did not make mad with a big mouth. 2. because I paid my dues flight instructing for a year. and lastly in my 800hrs I have learned a lot no I don't know everything there is to know and nor do I act like I do. All I'm trying to do is put your attitude with great lakes and go jet to sleep. You are not even in the industry yet you talk like you are.. In my opinion and many others the only people who should and have a reason to have beef with Go jet are those who work for Trans States and have been directly effected by Go Jets business. The pilots at Go are just trying to do the same thing as all us us. Build time tho get to where they want to go. No need for names because I honestly don't care who " offered you a job" Lets just put your talk of GLA and Go to sleep dude its been getting you no where for quite sometime..

To answer your question about a traffic watch job. Two pilots in a single pilot airplane is not needed. The only way you could both log time is if one pilot is a CFI and signs it off a dual given. Most airlines would probably still bring that up in an interview seeing that your logging dual given in a Cessna doing a traffic watch job. It just doesn't add up.

Every pilot in the US that works in the regional market IS affected by GJ when they are in contract negotiations. Same as MAG. Somebody with ALL YOUR experience should know that.

I agree with the contract negotiations but at the same time I feel that the majority of the people who have something to say about Go Jet base it off of what they have essentially done to TSA. Yes they undercut prices in the market but anymore that could be said about any regional. Why do you think the majors call all the rj companies career killers?

I was a lifeguard supervisor at the local water park during the summer. It was the best job I ever had. I made as much in 3 months as I did the first 8 months in the airlines. (and I work for a respectable airline)My buddy who still works there dropped out of college works 6 months a year and makes $60,000 a year.

Latest resources

Back