• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How "bad" are things at RAH?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From the letter that Brother Bedford sent to "HIS PEOPLE" one the 18th, he stated that we were short on 145 sim time not 170 sim time???? Or was his statement in his letter wrong?? Any RAH Pilots have any thought to that.
People on the board are saying that 170 sim time is short and Bedford said the opposite???? So why not Upgrade Sr. 170 FO's at both Shuttle & Republic instead of 145 FO's. A short Class instead of a full class. I hope they do not upgrade out of seniority that is DEAD WRONG!!! If they do I am just thinking of the most logical solution.

Good pilot group, yes. Strong...maybe. What are you going to do about the company trying to terminate your vacations for the year? Upgrading out of seniority order? They are blatantly attempting to violate your contract to cover up their own incompetence and I hope you won't allow it. Just the thought of them swaggering in and saying "we're going to fcuk you hard whether you like it or not so tell us how you want it..."
It makes me sick.

You speak strongly but use words like "your". Why don't you just chill if you don't work there. Let someone that knows what's going on with some inside info speak before you read the papers and start talking.

I would stay away from republic right now, A company that thinks it can take away something as fundamental as seniority, because they made some huge staffing mistakes, is NOT a company you want to be employed at! what would stop them from doing it again.? to you when its your turn to upgrade? I wish i didnt come here.

what would stop them from not paying you for a few months because they cant afford it. Crews are upset right now, very low moral, everyone wants out. there are also strong rumors of the company firing people for things that the FAA would never even look at. things are getting bad very quickly.

Go to a quality company that will respect you like express jet or skywest, you will be much better off and upgrade quicker... Tell Republic recruiting why you are not working there.

Everyone wants out? That's funny I've talked to many people who love it there. Don't speak on others behalf. You wish you weren't there? Quit tomorrow. Don't just talk the talk then hide behind a desk.

I would stay away from republic right now, A company that thinks it can take away something as fundamental as seniority, because they made some huge staffing mistakes, is NOT a company you want to be employed at! what would stop them from doing it again.? to you when its your turn to upgrade? I wish i didnt come here.

what would stop them from not paying you for a few months because they cant afford it. Crews are upset right now, very low moral, everyone wants out. there are also strong rumors of the company firing people for things that the FAA would never even look at. things are getting bad very quickly.

Go to a quality company that will respect you like express jet or skywest, you will be much better off and upgrade quicker... Tell Republic recruiting why you are not working there.

SKYWEST ???? Are you f-ing kidding me? 70 seaters for 50 seat rate?

Whores.

The bypass is nothing more than a dirty ploy to seat lock the 145 CAs indefinitely. They know very well that the 50 seaters are on the way out (starting Sep. next year). If the 145 CAs leave for the 170, then they have to type more 145 CAs, who will only be there for a short period and then won't be needed any more. Its not sim time, its not a pilot shortage, its money plain and simple.

For Bedford to say in his update that no one will be impacted financially and they regret having to do this all while preaching behind Jesus' name is ridiculous though. I'm pretty sure sure Jesus didn't teach to lie directly to people. Is this how he plans on raising his children? Pathetic.

The bypass is nothing more than a dirty ploy to seat lock the 145 CAs indefinitely. They know very well that the 50 seaters are on the way out (starting Sep. next year). If the 145 CAs leave for the 170, then they have to type more 145 CAs, who will only be there for a short period and then won't be needed any more. Its not sim time, its not a pilot shortage, its money plain and simple.

For Bedford to say in his update that no one will be impacted financially and they regret having to do this all while preaching behind Jesus' name is ridiculous though. I'm pretty sure sure Jesus didn't teach to lie directly to people. Is this how he plans on raising his children? Pathetic.

You hit the bullseye, that is exactly what is going on here. Well said.

SKYWEST ???? Are you f-ing kidding me? 70 seaters for 50 seat rate?

Whores.

RAH!??? are you kidding me? jr people flying as your captain and you not getting pay protected?

your right, i would rather fly at a company that violates one of the most basic of all rights, seniority, and does whatever it wants any time it wants. I would never fly at a company that gets 50 seat pay for a 70 seater. I want that 3 dollar and hour difference!! screw my seniority.

oh and that time i checked skywest has 5 percent overide pay for all 70 seat flying. and 100 percent cancellation pay.

I would much rather have a sweet 9 hours of pay for a 4 day in FEB and fly FO to someone jr than me than be at skywest.

Good point

Everyone wants out? That's funny I've talked to many people who love it there. Don't speak on others behalf. You wish you weren't there? Quit tomorrow. Don't just talk the talk then hide behind a desk.

Record breaking attrition so far in 2007.

Everyone loves it!

Latest resources

Back