• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

How "bad" are things at RAH?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RAH!??? are you kidding me? jr people flying as your captain and you not getting pay protected?

your right, i would rather fly at a company that violates one of the most basic of all rights, seniority, and does whatever it wants any time it wants. I would never fly at a company that gets 50 seat pay for a 70 seater. I want that 3 dollar and hour difference!! screw my seniority.

oh and that time i checked skywest has 5 percent overide pay for all 70 seat flying. and 100 percent cancellation pay.

I would much rather have a sweet 9 hours of pay for a 4 day in FEB and fly FO to someone jr than me than be at skywest.

Good point

Do you guys at RAH not get cancellation pay?

RAH!??? are you kidding me? jr people flying as your captain and you not getting pay protected?

First of all we are pay protected and secondly this senoirity fiasco is just a ploy by mgmt. We also make the same money in our second year as an FO then a 15 year FO at skywest.:eek:

First of all we are pay protected and secondly this senoirity fiasco is just a ploy by mgmt. We also make the same money in our second year as an FO then a 15 year FO at skywest.:eek:

1st: CHQ has cancellation pay IF we get 98.5 percent completion factor for the month. Not even in the same ballpark in FEB, so no cancellation pay.

2nd: We are absolutly not pay protected, it is a one for one basis, meaning 145 cpts that want to transition to 170 are pay protected, 170 FO's flying with someone jr to them, NO pay protection.

3rd. 2nd year FO pay 170 CHQ- $30 2nd yr FO pay SKYWEST - $35+full CX pay, makes a big diffenrence.

4th "ploy by management"--The awards are out. and FO's have already been bypassed, 170 FO's awarded cpt in JAN are not allowed to upgrade now and stay on the FO 170 list, not a ploy, damage has already started.

This guy must be a JR 145-FO

4th "ploy by management"--The awards are out. and FO's have already been bypassed, 170 FO's awarded cpt in JAN are not allowed to upgrade now and stay on the FO 170 list, not a ploy, damage has already started.

The damage has begun but nothing, in reality, has happened other than cancelled vacancies. I personally was damaged in that regard, but that is a different story. The bottom line is the class starts on 4-9-07, until then, nothing illegal has happened. I hold out for hope for some resolution coming from the meeting on the 3rd-4th(?). While the sky is cloudy, we still have a bit more than a week before the sky falls. When it does we have to follow the rules to the letter, keep our emotions under control. If we have one slip up(as interpreted by the RLA) we lose all advantage. If we stick to our guns we will be victorious, there isn't a judge that will allow such a violation of even our poorly written contract. We are not in BK, things such as this cannot just be tossed to the side.

Why does that matter?

I realize that as a guy who isn't even on property yet, I'm the last one to be counseling anything, let alone restraint. That said, I think the drizz speaks sense. I was a union worker in another life. You have to drive between the absurd lines and swallow the intolerable so that in the end you're victorious. Read the contract, know the contract, fly the contract. Let the Machine work as it will. In the end, legality will prevail (as opposed to goodness). Luckily, as I read it, the CHQ pilots are in not only the moral right, but the legal one.

If my experience with large corporations and a union workforce has taught me anything, it's that swallowing your pride and letting the system work is, in the end, the toughest thing you can do. Again, spoken as a guy who hasn't even gotten to class yet. But remember, the reason anyone even wants to go to class at RAH is because it's not a company where people get worked up instead of unified.

Screw that company. One thing I have seen by this whole by-pass bullsh!t that this pilot group (most of us) have stuck together and gotten super pissed off. Hopefully we can stay like that.

As stated above, contract as not been violated until the effective class date has started. The EXCO meeting is April 3rd (I think) and we'll see what happens.

1st: CHQ has cancellation pay IF we get 98.5 percent completion factor for the month. Not even in the same ballpark in FEB, so no cancellation pay.

2nd: We are absolutly not pay protected, it is a one for one basis, meaning 145 cpts that want to transition to 170 are pay protected, 170 FO's flying with someone jr to them, NO pay protection.

3rd. 2nd year FO pay 170 CHQ- $30 2nd yr FO pay SKYWEST - $35+full CX pay, makes a big diffenrence.

So quit. I'd like the extra senority bump. Cry cry and cry but you are still sitting there. Do you want to be there yes or no? If no then leave. If yes then stop crying you make everyone look bad.

ToiletDuck: Uh. Do you even work for CHQ yet? I'm pretty sure we're going to be in the same class, maybe we can discuss this over some training materials. That said, aside from issues of what is "right", isn't it your best interest to see that the contract is followed? Someday you'll be the guy getting bypassed, and some other dude will be saying "So quit! I only make $22.50/hour! etc etc.". This is exactly the sort of shortsightedness that makes this industry such a mess. Think beyond tomorrow.

ToiletDuck: Uh. Do you even work for CHQ yet? I'm pretty sure we're going to be in the same class, maybe we can discuss this over some training materials. That said, aside from issues of what is "right", isn't it your best interest to see that the contract is followed? Someday you'll be the guy getting bypassed, and some other dude will be saying "So quit! I only make $22.50/hour! etc etc.". This is exactly the sort of shortsightedness that makes this industry such a mess. Think beyond tomorrow.

My point isn't that it's wrong to complain. However doing so on a board where you are only targeting people of other airlines that have no sayso in the matter is just crying. Standing up for it at work is "taking a stance". People keep saying things like "Noone wants to be here" or "everyone hates it here" yet I've talked and met several that thing it's a great company, some say the best of the regionals, and love it there. When you complain on such a broad level in such a public place you try to speak on their behalf. Once again if you don't like it you have the option to quit. That's life. I just spent a year flying in the desert for the airforce which sucked but I never complained because it was my chioce to go there in the first place. I always had the option to leave. Those complaining do too. Name one thing coming here on a public forum, with a hidden identity, complaining to a group of people that can't do anything about it does that is good for the company? NOTHING. Just gives a black eye to the place and those that work there.

You want to say I'm short sighted but everyone keeps saying things like "I wouldn't come here right now". We all know the industry changes overnight. People are quick to come here and shout how bad things are but I don't see you acknowledging the fact you're still much better off than most places.

RAH needs pilots to make this stop. Complaining here dpesn't help that and which actually hurts your cause rather than help. I was told, so I can't confirm this, that roughly 1/4 of the personel are in training due to upgrades ect. That going from the 170fo to 170 capt. vs 145fo to 170capt eliminates one person from having to be trained. Which is one reason for the boost in needed pilots. They can't afford to increase the % of guys in training because their won't be enough to fill the planes.

Eitherway yes it's wrong. Seniority is the one things pilots have always been able to depend on. However, show some discretion and don't shout from the hilltops about it on a public forum to a bunch or random pilots to only give your company a black eye and make yourself look like a fool for staying there then. CHQ and Rep have their own private boards where you can shout among pilots that actually can do something about it.

Bus driver are you on the CRJ or EMB? Most 170 fo's who are getting screwed already bypassed an upgrade. They were holding out for the 170 when they could have taken the 145, but no they decided to wait and now Shazzam....

You sound bitter, if I was an FO you would be on my AVOID list!

Latest resources

Back