• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hotel Shuttle Classic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
it was actually me who made that comment, and it was right after i said "at republic we have bases any place you'd never want to live". What i actually said was we have bigger airplanes but we still base them like they're saabs. Glad i could brighten your day, i really wasn't trying to infer anything about engine location or the great deal of pride i take in flying the 170, i meant "bigger" in a historical sense to republic (i've been there 8 years) not in comparison to skw. This might explain why the hilton van suddenly became very quiet. you have over 1200 post on fi but obviously i'm the ****************************** bag.

aaawww snap! :d

What I actually said was we have bigger airplanes but we still base them like they're Saabs..

WTF does that mean? When did the E170 become BIG and when did they sart basing the E190 and A320 out Grand Rapids??? That's what people on that bus were thinking, probably even the driver.

How wretched it must be to live a life so steeped in hatred.

WTF does that mean? When did the E170 become BIG and when did they sart basing the E190 and A320 out Grand Rapids??? That's what people on that bus were thinking, probably even the driver.

Woooosh, right over your head!!!!!!

It was actually me who made that comment, and it was right after I said "At Republic we have bases any place you'd never want to live". What I actually said was we have bigger airplanes but we still base them like they're Saabs. Glad I could brighten your day, I really wasn't trying to infer anything about engine location or the great deal of pride I take in flying the 170, I meant "bigger" in a historical sense to Republic (I've been there 8 years) not in comparison to SKW. This might explain why the Hilton van suddenly became very quiet. You have over 1200 post on FI but obviously I'm the ****************************** bag.

It sure didn't come across the way you intended then.

Perhaps next time, as the van falls silent after such a comment, you can take the couple seconds needed to clarify. I found it entertaining to say the least.

I stand corrected.

That reminds me of the time a military guy flying a C-5 brags to a 747 Captain that his plane is bigger. He says to the 747 guy, "what's the gross on that thing? The 747 guy says, "Oh, about $250,000 a year." That sure shut the military guy up.

74-400 out weighs a C-5.

And pays better.

Whatever.

No Dubya... you know what is entertaining is that you took the time to post my comments on here.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back