• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hotel Shuttle Classic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The irony is nearly all of us at RAH are off the Kool-Aid. The morale is nearly as low as the staffing and RAH is totally screwing up the branded ops with the "cheapest at all costs" business model.

Trust me, nobody here gives a ******************** about the airplanes we fly when you make $37 and hour and constantly get screwed by scheduling.

Then there will be no excuse not to leapfrog your 190 pay rates based on Jet Blues new 190 rates. If they can do it so can you. The precedent for 190 Pay rates lies with JB's current rates. Perhaps you all can redeem yourselves in the eyes of the rest of us who currently don't have much respect for ya"ll flying what amounts to mainline equipment (E190) for what amounts to Horizons Turboprop pay. Pathetic!!!

pipejockey said:
The precedent for 190 Pay rates lies with JB's current rates.

While NOBODY questions the poorness of RAH's E-Jet payrates, time for a Devil's advocate moment:

Would you feel the same way toward AirTran if they fail to match SWA's 737 rates in their next TA? After all, SWA is a direct competitor to AirTran and set the precedent for 737 payrates.

While NOBODY questions the poorness of RAH's E-Jet payrates, time for a Devil's advocate moment:

Would you feel the same way toward AirTran if they fail to match SWA's 737 rates in their next TA? After all, SWA is a direct competitor to AirTran and set the precedent for 737 payrates.

Absolutely!!! AirTran's pay rates are a crime against humanity, and should be wiped off the face of the earth! If SWA can pay what they do, then there is no good reason AirTran can't do the same. Why should a guy doing the same exact work but at different companies be so differently paid? The only problem with the direct comparison between the two is the one pay rate for both the 717 and the 737 at AirTran. So I can understand if they can't get SWA rates as half of their aircraft are the 717. Also the differential between SWA FO and CA rates are much fairer. The FO's at airtran must be considered second class citizens over there, I mean come on, $79 an hour for 737 FO's?? How can the AirTran execs look them in the eye? At the very least AirTran FO's should be paid 15% more than JB 190 FO's since about 35% of them are flying 737's. BTW, a JB 190 12 yr. FO gets $97 an hour for a E190, whereas an Airtran 737 FO at 12 years is at $79. Thats a slap in the face if I ever saw one.

Shortly I'll have both the ATP and the PhD: I'd rather do the former than the latter again.

It's almost as funny as my FO telling me ERAU was just like MIT and I asked him how many Nobel Prize winners had attended Riddle.

President Obama has a Nobel Peace Prize obtained while only a few weeks into office (the deadline for nominatons)...

So?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back