• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hotel Room Items

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

How many of you broke a$$ pilots furnish your apartmant/crashpads with "borrowed" hot

• If it'll fit in my overnight bag, It's mine!

Votes: 37 29.1%
  • Those towels put that great "showroom shine" on my new BMW. (Ah, I mean '78 Pinto)

Votes: 16 12.6%
  • Now way dude, thats stealing ant it's wrong!

Votes: 63 49.6%
  • I musta mistook that towel for something else after that 4am wakeup call. I'll return it next time

Votes: 11 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It was the Microtel in CLT, and he!! yea we got another room. The only thing good that came out of that little expedition was free nights stay and a coupon for another night as well. :D

FD75:cool:

Freightdog75 said:
As far as the stealing goes...........Sorry, it's open season as far as I'm concerned. My broke a$$ will do what I have too. Now I don't take batteries, or lightbulbs, but a occational towl and coffee, soap, shampoo, etc......doesn't hurt.:

So stealing is OK as long as you're broke? Interesting morals. I hope you don't pass them on to your kids.

If you used the soap and shampoo, then you might as well take it to avoid sending it to the landfill. But stealing a towel? What's next, the sheets or bedspread?

Just put yourself in their shoes and apply the golden rule. As a hotel owner, wouldn't you be pissed to have to replace towels, batteries, lightbulbs, etc.? You have to replace used soap and shampoo anyway, so there is no actual loss there.

Now put yourself in your own shoes and think about this story. After landing in SJU, pax are departing with blankets, pillows, etc. Then comes the guy with the fire extinguisher and several life vests. Of course you wouldn't let him take those things and you may be in a position to stop him. Do you live by a double standard when you go to a hotel?

Does anyone else read the hotel directory while taking a dump? I can't be the only that does that. When you gotta go and searching for reading material there isn't any time. You gotta make a decision before the prarie dog pokes its head out.

Shampoo bottles work well too unless the kids don't want to go to the pool in which case the Bible might work better....err so i have been told.

I once found the skeletal head of a small animal under the bed in STL...a cat I think.

If you like to save soap, lotion and shampoo from the nicer hotels, you can throw em in a basket and give em to the wife at Christmas. (My god....I have become my father!)

With all due respect....

may I ask how many times you have been married?

Surprising that nobody has mentioned to just ask the hotel staff if they can keep the item(s) in question. If they say yes then you've got a clean conscience, if not then do what you gotta do. I personally only take the full roll of $hit paper. Reason number one is that it's 2-ply, reason number two is that I hate buying that stuff at the store, especially when there is a long line and as a bachelor I don't buy a lot of things at once at the store so when you standing in line with nothing but the TP......and guys, don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about. Know what I'm talkin' about?

Latest resources

Back