• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hotel Room Items

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

How many of you broke a$$ pilots furnish your apartmant/crashpads with "borrowed" hot

• If it'll fit in my overnight bag, It's mine!

Votes: 37 29.1%
  • Those towels put that great "showroom shine" on my new BMW. (Ah, I mean '78 Pinto)

Votes: 16 12.6%
  • Now way dude, thats stealing ant it's wrong!

Votes: 63 49.6%
  • I musta mistook that towel for something else after that 4am wakeup call. I'll return it next time

Votes: 11 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cargoflyr69

V-Dub for Life
My question is this. How many of you broke a$$ regional pilots furnish you apartments/crashpads with items from the overnight hotel such as towels, soaps, ect.

Not that any of us actually do any of the mentioned things, i just wanted to inject some fun into the forum

1.) If It'll fit in my overnight bag it's mine!
2.) Those towels are great for getting the "showroom shine" on my new BMW. (ah, I mean '78 Pinto)
3.) No way dude, thats morally, socially, and totally wrong.
4.) Oops! I may have mistaken that towel for something else after a 4am wakeup call, I'll return it next time.

Last edited:
Soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, shoe-shine cloths, pens, notepads, and coffee packs are the only things in a hotel room that are meant for you to take. If you take anything else, it is STEALING! I know some people who take the toilet paper (which is questionable) and others who take the batteries out of the remote control. One guy even supplies his house with light bulbs courtesy of the overnight hotel. That's wrong. Where are the morals that we are required by law to have in order to qualify for an ATP?

By the way, does anyone know if the CDs that come with the Crowne Plaza "Dream Machine" are considered freebies?

Last edited:
I tend to agree with Rank & File that certain amenities--soap, shampoo, hand lotion, shoe shine cloth, etc., are there for you to take with you.

As a somewhat humorous side note... (or at least it was humorous to me...others simply thought he was some sort of weirdo geek), I flew with this FO who would steal the toilet paper and bring it back to the crew house, but would return the empty cardboard toilet paper roll things and replace them on the TP holder so that (in his mind) the hotel staff wouldn't know that the pilots were "stealing" the TP.

I have many more stories about this guy, but will save those for another day and another subject.

Man that pisses me off when I get into a room and the remote doesn't work. I can't believe people take batteries and lightbulbs. If you are that poor go get another job. I take soap and shampoo.

Question; what are some of the weirdest or grossest things you have seen at the overnight hotel? Besides the 400lb woman in the bikini at the pool.

I had no running water at an overnight in Canouan once. No power in Knoxville but nothing really gross. Oh, wait a minute I was doing two overnights in a row in STT and I squashed a bug on the wall next to the bed. It was a texas sized bug, I don't know how it got down there. Anyway, I left it on the wall for them to see and the next night I got the same room and it was still there. LOL

Coming out of my hotel room(in SAC) there was a dog taking a Sh*t in front of my door!
Belonged to one of the live in guests.:mad:

I walked into the bathroom and found a "present" that someone forgot to flush. I got another room, wondering what other gifts were left in the room.

Question; what are some of the weirdest or grossest things you have seen at the overnight hotel? Besides the 400lb woman in the bikini at the pool.
The maintenance guy has to come to the airport to pick me up in the van. He tells me that over the weekend, he got called in because there was a diaper and two wrinkle back trouts floating in the hot tub.

My wife at one time was a state certified pool and spa operator. She has pretty much grossed me out of the idea of going into hotel pools.

Coming out of my hotel room(in SAC) there was a dog taking a Sh*t in front of my door!
Belonged to one of the live in guests.
Now that's funny. You should have punted that little fugger.

There was a lot of news recently about bed bugs and such becoming a problem at some hotels.

Back on topic...I think if you take the towels, you are stealing. If you take the coffee or creamers, shampoos...etc, it's there for your convenience...it's yours.

i guess you guys didn't hear that we all recieved a pardon via Holiday Inn's nationa; Towel Pardon Day issued in the summer.

yes, we all have clean slates......

me , i grab that extra roll of butt-wipe.....we're always short at my house....the kids use too much...we're working on that...plus Brawny hurts after a hard night of draft beer abd nachos supreme!

Taking the toilet paper home is just wrong! Why on earth would you let your family and friends use that sandpaper!:D

Never use the coffe makers in a hotel room. They don't get sanitized and I know several FA's who "wash" thier panty hose in them. And were not talkin about that 19 year old with low self-esteem. I mean the 40 year-old with nasty teeth and on her 4th divorce.

Latest resources

Back