• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hot off the press: SWA to hire 450

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Please re-read your first sentance. You must be a Delta pilot. Please have an educated person proof you posts. A non-Delta type is by far the best choice....as they can read.

now thats ironic sentance

Give it up simple man. You got turned down during the interview and you are just bitter. It now looks like you want to pursue Southwest but you with your personality you will not get too far. Good luck you will need it.

They put a memo out about a month ago telling us to put the winds and ALT setting into the forcast portion of the descent page on the FMC using the winds at lower altitudes from our release. Just using the descent page and flying it just like it says I would say the aircraft shouldn't have any problems. Looks to me like it should work pretty well. We will see.

Much to do about nothing......We invented the whole concept of the rnp approach and probably do more lnav/vnav than anyone else and use auto throttles and auto brakes for everything.......vnav works just fine 90% of the time. The altimeter setting is the only thing that you need on the descent/forecast page and maybe the isa when it is way high or way low. Huge tail winds can mess with you but this just common sense stuff....No need to train auto throttles just make sure that they are on...Same with auto brakes..rto for take off which is way faster than any human alive. 2 for the 700 into SNA or 3 for the 800 and max for short slippery runways...Ok now you have been trained...look at all the money that I just saved SWA....When are they going to call me. 6000hrs in the 200/400/700/800/900 and a real type rating. I know when I was first hired we hired a couple of their captains now can they please hire some of ours, me included...

now thats ironic sentance

Give it up simple man. You got turned down during the interview and you are just bitter. It now looks like you want to pursue Southwest but you with your personality you will not get too far. Good luck you will need it.

How about "Now that's AN ironic sentance."?

Can't you just upload the winds using the data link?
Legs page, RTE DATA, the big W, Request, Load, EXEC.

Can't you just upload the winds using the data link?
Legs page, RTE DATA, the big W, Request, Load, EXEC.

I doubt our FMC's are set up for that. We just started using ACARS about 2 yrs ago. We've been adding new features on the FMC a little at a time. There aren't many things we do here that aren't done manually. I do think it is to keep the more senior gals/guys heads from spinning off.

Anybody wanna make a guess how many airplanes will get the stick shaker when they set Vtarget at FL340 with the auto-throttles on? Or how many tugs we gonna damage when we hit TOGA right after engine start? These are some habits that need to stopped NOW.

This hiring is sadly in preparations for a build up in Denver. Frontier is in big trouble and the vultures are circling.

Latest resources

Back