Horizon

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pipejockey

Whats up with this? Horizon has CRJ 700's, Alaska needs CRJ 700 feed, so what do they do? Horizon gives Skypest the 700's?? Same old regional airline industry I guess. And our horrid US labor laws that allow things like this to happen. So this is the thanks the Horizon pilots get for the POS they signed in December! The POS contract that reduces the company match on the 401K and contains absolutely NO pay increase for the life of the contract. And don't think that "baseball style arbitration" for years 2/3 and 4/5 are going to result in any pay increases for them when they are the highest paid in the industry. And I use the term "highest paid" loosely. It's like saying the Dog sh*t tases better than the Monkey sh*t!!

What an industry! :puke:

Yeah, they should pass some laws forcing airlines to run their businesses for the benefit of the pilots who work there.

That'd be GREAT.

Whats up with this? Horizon has CRJ 700's, Alaska needs CRJ 700 feed, so what do they do? Horizon gives Skypest the 700's?? Same old regional airline industry I guess. And our horrid US labor laws that allow things like this to happen. So this is the thanks the Horizon pilots get for the POS they signed in December! The POS contract that reduces the company match on the 401K and contains absolutely NO pay increase for the life of the contract. And don't think that "baseball style arbitration" for years 2/3 and 4/5 are going to result in any pay increases for them when they are the highest paid in the industry. And I use the term "highest paid" loosely. It's like saying the Dog sh*t tases better than the Monkey sh*t!!

What an industry! :puke:
da da da da

Skywest can run CRJ (anything) cheaper than most because of their size. They can't however run any turboprop other than a Brasilia. They have NO Dash 8 anything. This may bite them in the a$$ later, who knows. They also have NO (big) ERJ. Maybe bad.

Yeah, they should pass some laws forcing airlines to run their businesses for the benefit of the pilots who work there.

That'd be GREAT.

No! Not the pilots who only work there but pilots everywhere! What happens at Horizon could happen anywhere. I'm sure the skypest pilots would be raising holy hell if 6 of their planes were being "sold" to another company to fly feed for Delta! Anyone who isn't upset about this truly doesn't understand that the regionals will never be a stable or viable career for any pilot. And due to 10 years of stagnation at the major airlines which continues, many folks will be stuck at the regionals for their entire careers. What a miserable reality. The airline industry has had their way and saved billions by transferring flying to the puke regionals and eliminating decent pilot jobs putting mainline pilots out of work. How about splitting the difference with the employees of the regionals that struggle just to maintain the basic necessities of life.

This has been happening for years. It's not shocking anymore...it's just plain pathetic. What a crappy industry, and one of the many reasons I will never work for another regional.

From what I understand, just about the only thing that will change is the pilots and flight attendants. Everything else will stay the same, and the passengers won't notice anything different: It'll be Horizon Airplanes (6XXQX), handled by Horizon Ground Crew, stocked by Horizon Food and Beverage, serving Horizon's unique offering of free beer and wine, etc etc. Sad.

I think that it will be quite uncomfortable for the SkyWest pilots doing that flying being surrounded by QX Employees. Just a hunch....

I think that it will be quite uncomfortable for the SkyWest pilots doing that flying being surrounded by QX Employees. Just a hunch....

Give me a break. Horizon has been saying for years that they want to get rid of the jets.

Do you think SkyWest pilots will be making you feel uncomfortable when you're flying the Q for United in DEN, LAX, and SFO?

It's the nature of the biz. We're all screwing someone on one side and getting screwed on the other.

Just stating a fact. One group is taking jobs from another group and still that one group will be working with the first group. Are you thinking that it is going to be flowers and hugs?
And yes, if QX does have that happen then yes I expect the same result.
Your right, it is the industry. Just like the SkyWest pilot in the Van the other day that was talking about how happy he was getting 8 RJ from QX to fly for Delta and all of the growth that he project flying for AS. He made a lot of friends saying that to a captain that is taking a 15% paycut to go the the Q and the FO that will be adding years to his upgrade.

Latest resources

Back