Horizon Ground School Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
lowtimeguy said:
I sent a resume in September, got a postcard acknowledgement. Should I send an updated resume? Who is the person a resume should be addressed to?

LaMar Haugaard, Chief Pilot. Or you could go right to the top and send it to Kim Powers, Flight Operations Administration.

Latest I heard was interviews continue, but lots of folks not getting to or past the Frasca. It really seems to help to have someone (virtually anyone) carry your resume in.

Just sent my resume in today...any reccomendations on what to study for the interview? Any help is appreciated. Also, what color pants/blazer do you wear at QX? Just wondering if I can use my current uniform. Can you wear a leather jacket?

I got a call from them yesterday, but I am going to turn down the interview because I am happy with my current job. But it looks like they are still hiring. Good luck.

I interviewed recently with Horizon. Fantastic outfit, and I'm glad they're bringing brought me aboard.

That being said, I nearly tanked the Frasca Sim. I thought I could go in cold turkey no problem, but I was a$$holes and elbows on the departure and only saved myself on the approaches I shot. Just keep your cool if you screw up and keep on trucking. I think that helped some that I didn't freak out after my initial problems.

Bottom line: Hook yourself up and get some time in their Frasca. They're using the one at Hillsboro Aviation. I truly wish I had gotten some time, and with hindsight being 20/20 I would almost consider it a prerequisite to the interview.

aviationinterviews.com has current gouge on interview info and format.

Hope this helps! Classing up Nov 2nd and can't wait...

The Navin

WestSide: Yes they wear leather jackets, dunno about the other clothing stuff you asked about, but I wouldn't sweat stuff like that. Concern yourself with good prep for the interview, and consider pay, benefits, work rules, and other much more important criteria. Good luck!

Navin

Last edited:
WestSide said:
Just sent my resume in today...any reccomendations on what to study for the interview? Any help is appreciated. Also, what color pants/blazer do you wear at QX? Just wondering if I can use my current uniform. Can you wear a leather jacket?

Cart's a little before the horse don't ya think?

Sioux115 said:
With the order of 12 more Q400s I doubt we have filled a pool. They are trying to get a friend of mine to interview this week.

Well...It's only going to be a net gain of 4 airplanes.:rolleyes: LaMar said we would be getting rid of "up to 9 Q200s":bawling:

upgrade

QCappy said:
Well...It's only going to be a net gain of 4 airplanes.:rolleyes: LaMar said we would be getting rid of "up to 9 Q200s":bawling:

At least FO's will be able to get 400 pay that much quicker while they wait for upgrade.

Welcome aboard JAC2LAS. Get the flows and memory items in your study guide nailed and your all set for groundschool.

tomdav said:
Welcome aboard JAC2LAS. Get the flows and memory items in your study guide nailed and your all set for groundschool.

Thanks! I've been making flash cards and all that dorky stuff. I can't wait to start class...it seems like a really fun bunch. See ya around campus:)

JAC2LAS said:
Thanks! I've been making flash cards and all that dorky stuff. I can't wait to start class...it seems like a really fun bunch. See ya around campus:)

Just watch out for the dorky Indoc ground instructor that wears skin-tight tiger-striped bicycle outfits around the second floor and thinks he's pretty funny (actually he is pretty funny). See if you can figure out who I mean, then ask him about service monkeys. Good luck and welcome aboard.

Bob Loblaw said:
Just watch out for the dorky Indoc ground instructor that wears skin-tight tiger-striped bicycle outfits around the second floor and thinks he's pretty funny (actually he is pretty funny). See if you can figure out who I mean, then ask him about service monkeys. Good luck and welcome aboard.

haha...this will be fun...I'll make sure to let you know. Thanks.

Latest resources

Back