• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Horizon Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That is certainly true. I especially liked how many of them thought it was perfectly natural to get a 121 job at <1000TT (in the pre 9/11 world). Those who have been flying longer know different.

However, I do think people get down a bit to much on UND (and Riddle, etc) grads because they are identifiable as a group.

For example, when you fly with someone who is a shmuck and didn't go to one of those school, he or she is just a dork.

If the shmuck is a UND grad (or other), people remember he was a UND grad.

There are lots of pilots who think they are hot stuff.
They are all dorks. If holding a commercial liscence and and a pilot job is the most important thing about an individual, well WOW!!

It's a job people. Although, I admit I really like airplanes, so I'm a dork too---just ask my wife!

Erik

real planes?

rbowen? You think flying a convair 580 is a real plane? I also see that you have flown the 240. Well in my experience real planes are not death traps! A real plane will keep you alive and safe! I know some of the operators of these aircraft, and if its the same one I worked for I fear for you!:eek: :eek:

belchfire said:
the student part I get...but the part about short runways and
"less capable aircraft"...

I guess that you think that all that glowy CRT stuff and turbine
engines make the airplane more capable...well, faster and carry
more, but capable of what? Faster means you need that bigger
runway. Capable of being at a higher speed when the crosswind
blows you off the runway? WTF,O?

Let's be real! You're telling me that a light single engine piston is just as capable as a CRJ? I suppose you would tell me that a geo metro is pretty much just as extraordinary an automobile as a beamer or a WRX because, after all you would say, they are both automobiles. If they were the same, everybody could stop belly-aching about college grad. pilots getting a chance to prove themselves in a larger aircraft.

Secondly, you're saddly mistaken if you think that I look at turbine engines and drool starts pouring out of my mouth and I am enamored by the glory of being an RJ pilot. Yeah, it's probably a lot better than where I'm at right now, but don't forget that every one of you started somewhere.

WHAT? A LARGER, FASTER AIRCRAFT NEEDS MORE RUNWAY? No way!! Good one Captain Obvious.

JJJ, spare me the lecture on different types of snow. College grad pilots should not claim to be better than anybody else, but you cannot assume that just because somebody went and put the time and effort into getting a four-year degree that they are a book nerd who can't tell the difference between flying an aircraft and playing a video game. We can do without that attitude as well.

Last edited:
Well let me know when you are going to be flying GA is weather like that... I wanna watch.

Say what you want, but recent college grads have spent more time is the class room and in the books that in the cockpit.

As for the snow, I'm just suprised that you would train in that kind of weather. You are very brave.

Hey Crazy Ernie - i'll bet his RJ can't land on the sidewalk in Minto, or on any of the grass strips in CKN or TVF. I bet his rj can't fly backwards when the wind is blowing right...so maybe your warrior is MORE capbable than his rj. Just because he can go faster doesn't mean it's more capable. The RJ does what it's supposed to do, carry people. The warrior does what's it's supposed to... scare you, and maybe help people learn how to fly.

WHAT? A LARGER, FASTER AIRCRAFT NEEDS MORE RUNWAY? No way!!

But, I bet he can land his rj in a shorter distance than a lot of Undies can land the warrior... I've seem them use all 7900 ft of 35L.

I know that 20 hours of CRJ sim time sounds good, but I would rather have an FO with previous "real" flying expreience rather than book smart when it's midnight and you are doing a LOC BC to a 6500 foot runway with blowing snow and a cross wind.

.........AZO

"props arre for boats"

yeah, but they put jets on boats too these days.

anyway, I get the feeling that this thread is getting way immature.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back