Horizon Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
J

Where is EEK located? What makes it such a difficult strip? Sounds like a fun one, does Era fly their Otters to that strip? That sure would be the plane for those I would imagine!

Its 34 nm south of Bethel on the 170 radial. (Gotta like Flight Sim 2004). I had forgotten the river at one end and the lake at the other, if flight sim is correct, that is.
It probably is, it even has the abandoned oil derrick east of Port Clarence. Spooky.

Whats the full identifier or name of the airport? I want to go try it out in FS 04, and yes you gotta love it! One of the best home training affordable devices out there!

EEK

That is the full identifier. Go to BET in Flight sim and create a VFR plan to eek. Try landing the caravan on it, you'll have a blast! And yes, Era does take the otters out there, they have no problem landing on that strip. I love flying the dash, but I'd have to admit I had a blast flying out there and I kind of miss the freedom you had when you got in your plane and blasted off and it was all up to you. I worked with some great people too. And what makes it difficult? Landing on it with a dead crosswind for starters....

Last edited:
risky.....

while you were in BET...... how many guys/gals got marks on their record for ding'ing a plane up at one of those "EEK'y" strips...

You definitely earn your paycheck some days!!! (makes you wish your 207 had the Allison conversion.... when it's icy and you need to stop) (anyone fly that conversion???? I think I've only heard of that being done to a 207???)

-Is fltsim 2004 worth it? compared to 2002 have they improved on everything?? terrain details..etc..etc... (hey D... wanna make me a coppy???? ;) )

-soooo.... Back to the Horizon thread!

has anyone heard when the next classes will be... and for which airframe?

cheers,

Jackson

Nov. Class

Horizon is interviewing next week (28th & 29th), for a class in November for both dash's to replace the pilots bidding for the CRJ in Denver.

FS 2004. I just installed it yesterday. Overall I'm impressed, and I've played every version since the IBM 8088 days. Learned to fly on it, actually.
They have "improved" the weather by making it more realistic, or so they say. You need 512MB of RAM to make it function, however. Leaving the weather less realistic runs fine on my 1.4 gig Athlon with 256MB of Ram and a GeForce 4 card.

A big problem is that it still doesn't do gravel runways very well. They are more like trying to land on a river bottom. The plane bounces all over the place and has way too much resistance from the gravel. The DC-3 is fun to fly, I haven't tried the Wright Flyer yet.

The 777 still sucks. You can't view your HSI and power guages at the same time, unless you use the virtual cockpit view. My 17" monitor doesn't do that too well.

The helicopter is much easier to hover, and the caravan seems to fly better, the old version it would glide for miles with the power at idle.

I tried Eek out and find it impressive! I like flying the Caravan from the outside view. It took me 4-5 tries to set it down on the numbers, as long as reverse works and full brakes you can stop in that short distance.

A Twin Otter would be a blast!

Yeah, I find the gravel still not functioning well, airplane jumps all over the place!

I'll see what I can do B.

Bending metal is one thing that worries me!

Latest resources

Back