Horizon Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SoCalFlyer

Anybody know when Horizon will hire again and what their minimums are? I would love to fly for them but have no idea how to get an interview with them. Any info?

Join the club

Horizon has been interviewing the past couple of months with minimums of 1500TT 500Multi. Competively though is about 2000TT and 500Multi and someone on the inside. They are actually holding another interview in Nov. at UND for graduates with 750TT and 50 multi for only 6 positions. GO SIOUX!!! Im crossing my fingers. Off the street hiring is tough unless you know someone high up inside.

What kind of deal is it that Horizon has with UND? And what kind of wash-rate do they have trying to train 750 hr pilots in to a CRJ?

UND must be paying them to take a hand full of graduates? Some kind of recruitment tool?

I don't think there is much of an argument to make that it would be faster, cost less and they would have a lower wash out rate if they where to hire pilots with 121-135 experience.

Hold on a minute

Now before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, the 750 hour minimums that Horizon posted for UND are their standard UND minimums. This does not mean that someone with even 900 hours will be that competitive. United post their minimums at something like 1500 hours, but we all know that is not competitive either.

Yeah, and those 750 hour UND grads have been doing quite well at training. At least that's what Lamar (sp?) told me last time we talked.

Erik

I remember one time I was in the check in room. This senior captian had been paired up with one of those 50 ME hour wonders (UnDies, as we called them). I overheard him say "Son, Ive got more sick time than you have multi-time." I couldnt help but laugh.

I know several UNDies that were hired with low time and they have done quite well in training. Otherwise Horizon would not keep hiring such low time pilots. I actually don't know of anyone to wash out of training. What makes UND grads even more competetive is that they have a 20 hour CRJ sim training program. Which makes a smoother transition to the 700.

Latest resources

Back