• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hmmmmmn!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you had a Bachelors Degree you would understand why it should be required.

It's not just about the education; it's about showing dedication and busting your butt for 4 years straight to accomplish something that is considered "huge" in our society.

It's not a $ thing. There are 2 things in life that people will never regret spending money on: Their Kids and their University Degree.

Last edited:
Aviator82,

Can you explain why some of the greatest entrepreneur's don't have a 4 year let alone a 2 year degree? They have showed a lot dedication and busted their butt too. While I am not nocking education, but I knock the pilot world for looking down on others that may not have one.

Aviator82,

Can you explain why some of the greatest entrepreneur's don't have a 4 year let alone a 2 year degree? They have showed a lot dedication and busted their butt too. While I am not nocking education, but I knock the pilot world for looking down on others that may not have one.

Because there is always an exception to the rule.

Aviator82,

First: I am guessing you don't have a bachelors degree?

Second: We are pilots not entrepreneur's!

Third: Each legacy has 10,000 apps on file. Obviously if you don't have a bachelor's degree you will not be competetive for the next 5-10 years. End of story.

It's not just about the education; it's about showing dedication and busting your butt for 4 years straight to accomplish something that is considered "huge" in our society.

It's not a $ thing. There are 2 things in life that people will never regret spending money on: Their Kids and their University Degree.

This ^^^^^^^

A 4 year degree and reasonably good grades are an indicator of how successful someone can complete the accelerated initial training curriculum. They don't care how good a pilot you are, as long as you can fly it exactly the way they want you to at the end of 2 months training.

I have a degree and in 30 plus years in this business, I'm yet to find a situation where I've had to use any sort of higher education! this here is a technical career. I've made good use of my degree in other ventures, business opportunities but flying? After all, my degree isn't even remotely related to aviation.

First: I am guessing you don't have a bachelors degree?

Second: We are pilots not entrepreneur's!

Third: Each legacy has 10,000 apps on file. Obviously if you don't have a bachelor's degree you will not be competetive for the next 5-10 years. End of story.

Your exactly right. We are pilots. Entrepreneur's utilize people with education to help their company thrive. Pilot's ability is based on experience.

Latest resources

Back