hiring a resident vs.citizen

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
you must be joking!

If you are qualified citizen you should not be scared of permanent residents of USA.

They have all the legal rights of this country except voting, which seems like does not mean too much here anymore!

If you like to work in europe get permanent resident card and if in other european countries learn language and you can be sure that if you are qualified candidate you will be hired!

Just stop complaining about your situation, you live and work in best country in the world!

Just do your work and pay your dues and you will be golden!

If you guys like to talk about permanent residents situation, you first should find out info about how these things works and what is required to get so called green card!

I just wish we could understand what the hell they're saying on the radios! I flew with a foreigner and he had to repeat himself 3 times on each transmission because of his unintelligible dialect. Nevermind their attitudes, that's another story.

Last edited:
crashpad said:
I just wish we could understand what the hell they're saying on the radios! I flew with a french-iragi and he had to repeat himself 3 times on each transmission because of his unintelligible mutterings. Nevermind their attitudes, that's another story.

How many other languages do YOU speak??????
Can you even try doing the radios in spanish or french if you're in flying into either country????Even hold a normal conversation???

NO Imigrants!!!! go home!!!

They should stop immigration now. There are too many Americans out of work. GO HOME IMMIGRANTS. :mad:

Hi,

Many people in the US are here on green cards because they have either married a US citizen (for the right reasons or wrong reasons) or attained one through the annual green card lottery, 50,000 visas for the whole world excluding a few countries for obvious reasons.

So for those saying they cannot go to work for British Airways or Qantas you could visit Europe or Australasia find yourself a British or Australian citizen get married, get your work permit and apply. Don’t think that it’s the case that anyone from outside the US can get a green card easily and come and apply to the US airlines.

Back to the topic. I have heard about more background checks being done on guys here on green cards and because of these extra checks it might be putting the employers off.

Any more info?

Regards,

IF

If we got rid of all the green cards at my airline alone, I'd move up 50 numbers overnight. Yet I can't get hired in the countries that these people come from. It's an unfair double standard, that's all.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay..because of those people like you, I just filed and got approved my US citizenship after 10years of being green card holder. So do you think I can fly here? fair enought?

I belive the real threat for this country is ignorant pilots.

How many other languages do YOU speak??????
Can you even try doing the radios in spanish or french if you're in flying into either country????Even hold a normal conversation???

Good point. If any other language were required to fly, I would definitely master it to maximize safety. Miscommunications as a norm is unacceptable and unsafe. BTW, I speak 2 fluently without an accent, and 4 more not so well, but could if I had to. I bet you could ,too.

Punto excellente. Si una otra lengua hay nessesito para volar, soy aprendio por la securidad de la gente. Mal communicaciones tan la normal no hay es sufficiente...yadda...yaddaa...yadda..

Freighttrash-Congradultions! Just tell us you applied for citizenship because you want to be an American, not because of the pressures of prejudice from ignorant people. Celebrate and be proud of your citizenship, and your heritage.

Last edited:
AviatorTx said:
That's my point.

Lets say I wanted to get hired by British Airways, or Quantas (sp?). It would be nearly impossible, even if I was a former space shuttle commander.

If we got rid of all the green cards at my airline alone, I'd move up 50 numbers overnight. Yet I can't get hired in the countries that these people come from. It's an unfair double standard, that's all.

If I could walk right into a job with B/A or Quantas, I would not be complaining.

No double standards. The above sounds like green cards are distributed at every corner here in the US. For most of us it takes a long time to get it (not that I am complaining), unless you get married, or get selected by the lottery, or swim in and apply for asylum (which is being abused big time). I have been waiting for almost 5 years now for the green card... and still waiting. Because of this wait I will never have the chance to join the US Army, the reason I came here for. BTW I did everything the legal way never broke the law or any immigration regulations (unlike most), always paid taxes. My job was offered to US citizens first and no one was even interested in it. It was advertised (as required by DOL) in a major industry magazine’s employment section. It was a good office job too and the salary was determined by the US Department of Labor. I have enjoyed it while I had it... etc. Well… I guess I am just trying to show that it is not that easy to get the right to work here, not that it should be.

On the other hand I can understand the frustration of all the natives because a majority of the immigrants don't even try to adopt to this country (learn English etc.) and keep complaining and fighting about/against the local traditions...it is beyond me. I am trying to adopt as much as I can and don’t have the Hungarian flag on the a$$ of my car.

Anyways, what I was originally going to say is that IMO the immigration is indeed out of hands here. Especially the way illegal immigration is being handled. If something is going to f up this place it is going to be immigration and resulting mass breeding of some certain immigration groups without naming them. This is going to be a huge problem soon. But that is my little sorry a$$, politically incorrect point of view only.

Soooo flame away until this gets deleted just like the last one :D

PS: those who fight now, will get their citizenship very fast, they deserve it too!!!

freightrash said:
Okay..because of those people like you, I just filed and got approved my US citizenship after 10years of being green card holder. So do you think I can fly here? fair enought?

No.. I think once you DO get your citizenship, you are welcomed with open arms, and given any job you are qualified for. You have then earned the right to what your CITIZENSHIP entitles you to.

As long as you hold a green card though, your job opportunity in the USA should be limited to McDonald's, Blockbuster video, ect...

My mothers side of my family were once immigrants also. It ain't 200 years ago though. Unlike the industrial revolution, good jobs are at a premium in this country now and should be reserved for the citizens.

Latest resources

Back