hiring a resident vs.citizen

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MAX

anyone knows if there is preferrence between hiring a resident[green card]vs. citizen?
thank you.

Oooohh boy................

Curious:

How many hoops would I have to jump through (if even possible) to go get hired in your country and potentially take jobs from your citizens???

America the land....

Ain't this just typical.....residents can get jobs before Natural Born US folks do......

Sorry, My personl feelings are we should take care of our own people first.....then residents....otherwise go back home to your country to get the job your trained here for so cheaply.....Once you actually become a sworn in citizen,then I have not problem with them competing on equal footing....

Then again thats just my opinion, I could be wrong.

How many hoops would I have to jump through (if even possible) to go get hired in your country and potentially take jobs from your citizens???

Hoops... Why would you have to jump through hoops? Only the citizens of this country have to jump through hoops. Our wonderful leaders have made laws over the years to see to it that non citizens are given jobs.

That's my point.

Lets say I wanted to get hired by British Airways, or Quantas (sp?). It would be nearly impossible, even if I was a former space shuttle commander.

If we got rid of all the green cards at my airline alone, I'd move up 50 numbers overnight. Yet I can't get hired in the countries that these people come from. It's an unfair double standard, that's all.

If I could walk right into a job with B/A or Quantas, I would not be complaining.

I am an American as was my father, and my grandfather. However my great grandfather was a German immagrant and my grandmother was a British immigrant. They came to the US becuase they wanted to better themselves and the US. Lucky for them there were places willing to hire them. There are many non US citizens fighting in Iraq right now with a US patch on their shoulder, but we won't allow them to become citizens. While I will admit we should certainly restrict hiring from outside the US ranks (NO FRENCHIES), I do not think we should cut off our, British, Australian, Polish, and Dutch brothers.

Well what about the Canadians.....all polite and friendly....why, they even look just like us! Diabolical bastards if you ask me....

BEWARE THE CANADIAN INVASION IS COMING!

There are plenty of hoops to jump through and plenty of cash to part with. There were a lot of lean years in Australia thanks to a poor economy and all the foreign scab pilots who came to fly during the strike and then stayed.

Latest resources

Back