hiring a resident vs.citizen

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
my favorites:

XY: Ohh from Hungary! I have been at your capitol, Bucharest. Nice city.
Me: hmm... That is Romania’s Capitol.
XY: right right... how about Dracula? He lived in Transylvania though?
Me: that is also in Romania... (although Transylvania used to be a part of Hungary at that time so I always give credit for that).

But I never get mad or anything. If anyone asks me of the capitol of Malaysia, I wouldn’t know, nor did I know that the Capitol of FL was Tallahassee and not Miami.

What I don’t like though: Especially in those scum Hollywood movies we (Hungarians) get our fair share. If it is Hungarian than it is either a vampire, a gipsy, or a wise woman who looks like a gipsy staring into a crystal ball. If they would only know that the best looking white chicks in Europe are right there and in the former Czechoslovakia.

But the all time favorite has to be (lately, and mostly from liberals):

You guys are from Europe. So what do you think about the war on Iraq?

Then they get surprised when I give a 5 min paramilitary commercial. I dunno what they expect. I have been living here for 5 years, when the towers went down I felt it was mine.

If all the temporary or permanent residents that are taking jobs from citizens in the U.S. should go home, then I guess all of the forgien doctors, teachers, nurses, etc.... that the U.S. has been actively recruiting should go as well?? There are shortages in this country, especially in Health Care.

Immigration is a touchy subject, but if there are any shortfalls, it is the abuse of or non-compliance with the system. This is where the real problems arise. Paying Illegal immigrants a cheaper wage under the table is a good example. As mentioned before, the U.S. is a tough place to immigrate to legally compared to most other industrialized nations. I have gone through this process because I met, feel in love with, and married a U.S. citizen.

Seems to me though that a lot of U.S. citizens are losing their jobs to U.S. companies moving operations oveseas or to Mexico to take advantage of cheaper labor/manufacturing costs. Or, like I just said, paying Illegals because it's cheaper. Who's at fault here??

Another thing to consider is that the Baby Boomers are retiring and there is a drop in the Birth Rate. Expensive to have a large familly these days. Immigration can be a benefical, so lets not try and kick every immigrant out. Anyway, this is just my view on things.

The U.S. is a great place. Let's keep it that way!

Some of these posts here make me sick to my stomach. We are citizens of this earth and just because some of us have won the parents lottery on this side of the pond, does not give us the right to deny opportunities to less fortunate hard working men and women.

I am a US resident because my wife is american and she has to be close to her ill and old parents. I am fortunate to have found a flying job here, but I left a better flying job in Canada to please my significant other. I have travelled to many places (from Mid east to Europe to Asia) and belive me there are many many American professionals working across the globe and enjoying some great opportunities.

If your career is dormant and jobs are scarce, dont blame it on the immigrants ... just remember a large number of passengers you cary are immigrants, a large number of your students at flight school (where you built time) were foreign students, a large number of parcels you move are for people with ties outside US.

Many scientists and doctors and nurses who take care of your parents and childeren are not from US (Ironically a great number of Mid. eastern physicians and engineers contribute in my community here in North East).

Just remember, we are one big family and just because your ancestor's boat arrived here before mine does not make you a better person. I love this country (U.S.A) and hope to become a citizen one day but I have no tolerance for racism ...

God bless you all

huncowboy said:
If they would only know that the best looking white chicks in Europe are right there and in the former Czechoslovakia.

Ain't that the truth, although don't sell yourself short of the girls on both sides of the bridge in Buda-Pest. Eastern European girls rule!

Last edited:
SennaP1 said:
Ain't that the truth, although don't sell yourself short of the girls on both sides of the bridge in Buda-Pest. Eastern European girls rule!

I think this dude has some insider info :D ... just like myself :D :D :D

CaptnMaday,

Great points in your post. Well said....

I had to quit my flying job in Canada as well because of my wife. However, I live in the U.S., but still work for a Canadain company.

Off_Strip
I met, feel in love with, and married a U.S. citizen

hey, you too! betcha my american fiance is prettier than your american wife!:D just kidding;) , met my fiance in Botswana when we where both working in the swamps, and not 4 years later we are almost married, wow, time flies:eek:

gonna hafta go looking for employment come October/November, so any of you guys have leads on sumthin, please pass them this way:)

got a sixpack of Windhoek Lager for the guy that gets me the bestest job!

oh, and where a good flight school to convert my ICA license and do whatever else is required, gonna be up Virginia way, but can travel down to Florida if need be,cheers

:D

Latest resources

Back