• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hired at Pinnacle!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
cant you just say congrats to anyone anymore? I dont care about all the negative stuff, it happens at every airline. Im just excited to fly a jet in DTOWN

Sorry dude... Congratulations!!!!!

Enjoy your jet and go wipe the stain off your clothes now.

FlamingFUPA said:
jesus get over yourself skyboy.
I congratulated him on his job. My intentions aren't to be a tool, but its irritating to see these people who don't want to hear the negative parts of a company prior to going to work there. Then when they are there for a year they start bitching about how bad it sucks. Do your homework, learn where the good places and bad places are to work. I did, and I am quite content with where I work. Don't have such a naive "I just want to fly a jet and I don't care who its for" attitude. That is my only point, take it for what its worth.

Last edited:
You've heard it before - 9E's growth is over for a while! That is unless they roll over in their contract negotiations......I wonder...................??????????????

Congrats on coming to work for Pinnacle. I personally enjoy working here though there are some problems (like every company). The hiring rate here is not because of growth it's because of attrition. Well growth does factor, but its the previous amount of growth that we didn't staff for. Lines come fairly fast in DTW so if thats where you'll be based you shouldn't have to worry about being on reserve too long.

Adam

arthompson said:
Congrats on coming to work for Pinnacle. I personally enjoy working here though there are some problems (like every company). The hiring rate here is not because of growth it's because of attrition. Well growth does factor, but its the previous amount of growth that we didn't staff for. Lines come fairly fast in DTW so if thats where you'll be based you shouldn't have to worry about being on reserve too long.

Adam

Are people still leaving on a mothly basis? Thats great if they are. I left in Dec 04 and there were a few that were interviewing at UPS/FEDEX/SWA...Good luck there. The job is what you make of it. I actually really enjoyed my time at Pinnacle and I can only hope the guys there truly get a good contract....

BS (longhorn)

chperplt said:
Sorry dude... Congratulations!!!!!

Enjoy your jet and go wipe the stain off your clothes now.

Did you get the stain off your pants soon after you got a job flying an MD-80(very soon)?

Give the guy a break................I have yet to see one airline/regional/whatever that has not had bad $hit said about it on this board. You werent excited when you got hired to fly a 1900?

Its easy for people to forget where they came from........$hitty job or not its a start to a long and unstable career in a ruthless industry.

Congrats man...good luck in training and learn all you can so you can fly right seat for Chperplt someday and listen to him and his fellow captains complain.

Did you get the stain off your pants soon after you got a job flying an MD-80(very soon)?

Actually.... My wife swallows.. No stain at all!!:D

Shouldn't you be getting back to your cross burning or white cap wearing party??

Chicagopilot22 said:
cant you just say congrats to anyone anymore? I dont care about all the negative stuff, it happens at every airline. Im just excited to fly a jet in DTOWN

Congrats on your new job. While I don't intend this to rain on your parade, but this post of yours summed up the fundamental problem of our industry.

As you go through ground school, sim, IOE and consolidation, you will be the happiest camper ever. I mean here you are - 1100 hour pilot who's flown nothing bigger than a light twin put in the right seat of a Canadair Regional Jet. JET!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!! It's got glass cockpit!! 50 passengers and a flight attendant!! You get to fly up in the FLIGHT LEVELS with the big boys!!! How cool is it gonna be to say, Memphis Center, FlagshipXXXX FLIGHT LEVEL 350?? There is no end to your excitement. Paycheck is the last thing on your mind at this point. After all, you are currently a starving CFI, so this is probably a small pay increase, AND you get to build jet time! But as you build that precious jet time, you'll notice your pay is still crappy, and the majors where the big bucks supposedly are, are not hiring. Believe me, shiny new jet syndrome will wear off before you get off probation. So here you are, stuck flying that jet for ridiculously low wages...

A year from now you'll understand then why some may get a little miffed when they see a post like yours.

But hey, once again - Congratulations and enjoy the ride.

Jesus you guys are ruthless!! LOL Well, just because someone doesnt get hired with a regional that YOU think is top notch doesnt make them stupid or the cause for the pay being so low in the regionals. Think about it, REGIONALS (nice way of saying commuter) They have never gotten good pay compared to the majors. I just got a start date at Pinnacle myself but I have a Mesa and XJET interview coming up as well. I have asked alot from you guys on this site and most of you are willing to give some great insight to how these companies operate and how they treat their employees, but when you send out you resume to many different companies and maybe one or two call you for an interview and then you ACTUALLY get an offer to start, it is very exciting!! And sometimes you have to take what you get, then move on later on down the road, I guess thats why there is so much attrition everywhere. Everyone is moving around thinking that one regional is better than the other and Im sure there are better things about each regional, but it soley depends on what you think is important and what works best with your life. Mesa turns huge profits and dont think that just because people say its bad that they will never have a resume sent to them again, its bull$hit! All Im sayin is....its great to hear factual info about a specific company but dont give someone $hit for getting hired somewhere else. Everyone at Pinnacle was great! Top notch and they have their $hit together! I cant say much for Mesa and Xjet because I havent interviewed with them yet, but most of you guys are pretty happy from XJET, thats a great thing! I know Im gonna get the smarta$$ replies to this but I dont give a rats a$$ because your probably the ones that are unhappy with your job.

Golly Gee Wilber... I'm just kidding around with the guy.

It's great that he got hired!! I hope he uses everything he's read here about Pinnacle, regional airlines, and day to day life as a grunt pilot and puts it to good use.

Fly Safe and at least enjoy take off to touchdown!

Latest resources

Back