Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
chperplt said:
Yea, you've got me pegged putz.

Yep. Pretty much. You'll talk down to everyone who believes they are bettering themselves in their professional life all the while defending yourself for doing the same by taking a job at one of the lowest paying MD80 outfits in the industry. But you did it for the quick upgrade, and to be based where you live, etc...etc...etc. The same reasons others do what they do. But of course, that's different.

Who's the putz? That big-time MD80 driver in the mirror haulin' down those big bucks. He!!, maybe when you get that quick upgrade you might even break $70/hr as an MD80 Captain.

Ok, so where do we start with fixing the industry pay then? The Unions? New hires? What can we ALL do to better our pay and QOL? If anyone has any ideas, please do say! The regionals salaries have been low for years so if there is anyone to blame its everyone years ahead of us that took these jobs for pennies. Problem is, its alot harder to increase the starting salary. At least some regionals have great 2nd year pay and then some, etc. etc. Every 121 pilot should strike for a week <--- I would think that this would be one of the only ways to get the airlines attention, but I could be wrong since I dont know anything about anything.

Spinplate said:
Every 121 pilot should strike for a week <--- I would think that this would be one of the only ways to get the airlines attention, but I could be wrong since I dont know anything about anything.

Yea, that would get their attention all right, since it would be totally and completely illegal. While it may not be true that you don't know anything about anything, clearly you don't know anything about the RLA.

Chicagopilot22 said:
So enjoy your crappy jobs everyone, cause i am going to love mine.

Congrat's on the job, but remember it is simply a job and nothing more and much less (depending on how you look at things).

Pinnacle is an Airline, regional that is.. not to be judged or confused with some "better" regionals and definately not to be confused with a "real Ailine". Although with all the concessions and labor strife at just about EVERY airline, I don't even know of one airline I would call a "real airline" anymore.

In the past few years, this industry is no longer the industry it once was. I doubt it will ever be the same it was 6 years ago. Those lucky to get out fat, dumb and with a retirement are laughing at all of us!

Just remember that when you start your first day on the line, it is the first day of a long climb up from the bottom and it may take you a whole career to realize how long of a climb it will be.

Set your sights reasonably and you will do well, set them to high and you will be bitter well before your time.

Best of luck, enjoy the holi-dump ( if corporate pays for the hotel) and don't get caught with our ballast (F/A's) at the bar.

Latest resources

Back