Hired at Pinnacle!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I Hate Freight said:
Exactly, a continuous supply of 20-somethings with SJS, "Shiney Jey Syndrome" who will happily work for $16 per hour.

Mesa pays 21/hr for Jet and 19/hr for Turboprop. They get segment pay and per diem. I guess they update their segment times every couple of months in regards to ongoing delays to specific airports.

Chicagopilot22 said:
cant you just say congrats to anyone anymore? I dont care about all the negative stuff, it happens at every airline. Im just excited to fly a jet in DTOWN

Congrats on the job. Pinnacle isn't the best airline out there, but you can certainly find a lot worse.

With that said, you really need to get out of the habit of saying things like "Im just excited to fly a jet in DTOWN." You're just asking for ridicule with statements like that. Flying a jet is ok, but it isn't as amazing as you think it is. After a month or two the thrill will wear off and you'll be pissed that you're only making $20/hr. You'll get junior manned and extended down to 7 days off and then you'll be wondering why you ever said things like the above quote.

You need to prepare yourself for the reality and not the show that goes on during the interviews. I remember being told at my interview that Pinnacle (then Express Airlines 1) was like Southwest with RJs! I was told of the wonderful relationship between management and the pilots. Of course, that is all a load of crap. Every airline says that stuff during the interview. HR people are like politicians. They tell you what you want to hear.

Again, congrats on the job. If you ever need help with anything, don't hesitate to PM me. Just lay off the "so happy to be flying a jet" thing. ;)

Congrats on getting the job. There is the typical amount of BS here, like any airline, but most of us forget about it on our days off.

My only advise is when you finish training and get on line, do not go on a shopping spree as the Stop Over Store: NWA crew tags, NWA bag tags, NWA tie tack, NWA stickers, NWA lanyard, etc.

Originally Posted by I.P. Freley
Dude, ever since you left Colgan you've really become a holier-than-thou finger-pointer. It's truly staggering that you are so down on someone who's just starting out... Maybe someday he can get hired at Comair and not be the pond scum you now see him to be. There are only so many slots over your way, you know, and not everyone can get on at one of the top-paying companies right off the bat, as you so amply prove. Most of us have strong opinions about the "not paid in training" thing over at Pinnacle, but most of us also keep our mouths shut. What, exactly, are you proving by stuffing your boot in this guy's rear?

Yea, you've got me pegged putz.

"After a month or two the thrill will wear off and you'll be pissed that you're only making $20/hr. "

He'll be even more pissed off come his first year anniversary when his pay goes to the mid twenties, while his counterparts at other airlines go to the low to mid thirties.

Spinplate said:
Mesa pays 21/hr for Jet and 19/hr for Turboprop. They get segment pay and per diem. I guess they update their segment times every couple of months in regards to ongoing delays to specific airports.

They don't factor in penalty box time in ORD though. Block or better for pay is the only way to go. You are just getting ripped off by getting segment. I believe Mesa's per diem is only $1.18/hr. The average regional pays $1.50/hr for per diem. That adds up over time.

dude that mesa interview experience as you call isnt worth the steamer my dog just left on the lawn. ok put your suit on and answer these questions, have you ever failed a checkride? are u willing to relocate?
have u ever beaten up a midget? do u know how to wipe yourself properly ? answer these question honestly and the job is yours!! if you dont know how to wipe properly just lie nobody will know the difference , everything at mesa smells anyways. alright theres your interview experience now gimme 50 bucks so i can get drunk and beat up a midget.

chperplt said:
Yea, you've got me pegged putz.

That's all you've got? Sheesh, I guess the truth hurts.

Latest resources

Back