• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Hi there, I'm Standard"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What ever happened to the idea of simply doing your job like your boss wants it done? When I say "boss" I mean the company and the CA. A CA can be standard and still like certain things done a certain way. Why not just show him/her a little bit of respect and accomodate them?

That's my thought about the issue as well.

"Don't scare me, violate me, or let me screw up. Don't be afraid to speak up if something doesn't look right, and I'll do the same. Let's have fun."

If you can't follow that, then God help us. It's gonna be a long trip for you.

Oh, and, "I'll take the fat one if she doesn't have any teeth. You can have the one that wants to get married."

I hate your briefs. I'll nod my head and pretend I give a sh|t but I'm really thinking, it's an RJ not a 76, we all fly a hundred legs a month, and this job really isn't that difficult, only mind-numbing when I have to listen your pointless briefs.

I don't care if your super standard or if you have a pound of hash in your flight case, just try not to be a total doosh.

I've flown an RJ and a 76. It's not that different. The fact that you think it should be is an indicator to me that you probably shouldn't be flying either.

There's a point where you're too up tight and a point where you're too relaxed-my comfort zone personally leans more toward the standard side. I find that doing things as we are trained leads to less problems because we are all on the same page. We need to get out of this mentality that we have to seem cool as hell or not "doosh like" to the other pilot. It is possible to fly standard and not be a jerk.

Serious question, especially for those of you having such issues with of all things, a "briefing."

What are things you like to hear in a briefing then?

The only thing I want to hear in a briefing, is any unusual items MEL special departure procedures, or anything like that.

I do not want to hear how to take off 101. I think at this point we probably all know how the standards work at our respective airlines.
Just the abnormal stuff PLEASE

Judas H. Mother Mary of soap operas.

Are all of your vaginas gonna be ok?

Latest resources

Back