• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Hi there, I'm Standard"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard there's a Captain at ASA that makes you write down the actual fuel numbers at every fix enroute and cross check it with the release.....

I hate your briefs. I'll nod my head and pretend I give a sh|t but I'm really thinking, it's an RJ not a 76, we all fly a hundred legs a month, and this job really isn't that difficult, only mind-numbing when I have to listen your pointless briefs.

I don't care if your super standard or if you have a pound of hash in your flight case, just try not to be a total doosh.

. . . And who says we have a problem with professionalism at the regionals?

"Hi, I'm standard" was never the flag. The true flag was someone that mentioned something along those lines and then ended up having a napoleon complex and not being smart enough to fly standard. You typically didn't find this out the first time you met them, though. There was normally a trail of pissed off FO's and FA's that they left behind.

Then there were the guys that just didn't care.... (for some reason they were almost always smokers...). That made for a long trip trying to figure out just what book they were reading from.

Being laid back and standard is always the easiest (and certainly is possible unlike some of the morons on here seem to think)- it takes minimal brain power and you always know what to expect.
Best pilot I ever met was an AA Capt. At 10,00 smoke in cockpit out of LAS, he and FO dont budge, I'm sitting there like wtf. Finally he says if the smoke gets bad tell me, the woman up front has not figured out how to not burn food yet. Then proceeds to tell me not to get married, just find what ever girl is hot to you, buy her a house, and never talk to her again. He then explained that mang hates pilots but as long as you look professional and never look defeated in front of them, they go home more pissed than you. Reason I quoted you is, I just came back from put in bay, and had never heard about the boat, now I cant get that damn song out of my head.

I heard there's a Captain at ASA that makes you write down the actual fuel numbers at every fix enroute and cross check it with the release.....
There is a guy at OH who does this.
He says "This is just my technique, I like to write down the fuel at the waypoints and double check it with the release, but thats just my technique".
Then while enroute he gets all flustered and tells me to pull out the release and do as he says.
And yes, he's been in the CP's office a couple times for messing up. So he's scared and trying to cover his arse in every arena.

There is a guy at OH who does this.
He says "This is just my technique, I like to write down the fuel at the waypoints and double check it with the release, but thats just my technique".
Then while enroute he gets all flustered and tells me to pull out the release and do as he says.
And yes, he's been in the CP's office a couple times for messing up. So he's scared and trying to cover his arse in every arena.

He should do it himself.

can he make you do that.. it was never a trained item. But I guess since we "serve at the pleasure" of the Captain...

Serious question, especially for those of you having such issues with of all things, a "briefing."

What are things you like to hear in a briefing then?

Latest resources

Back