• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Hi there, I'm Standard"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This thread is pathetic and embarrassing. A lot of you guys need thicker skin. This job isn't that hard, even if your captain/fo IS a "dbag" well guess what... endure 4 days, don't hit anything, and be done with it. Wow that was hard, huh.

As long as they buy a few rounds at the bar I do not care what he wants to do. I am good enough to adapt to anyone's habits good or bad. I make sure we keep it safe and legal. Havent had to talk to a CP or FAA ever.

Who's heard this on day one of a trip and said to themselves "Oh boy, here we go". I gotta tell ya Captains - those are words an FO cringes at hearing. Maybe some of you captains remember feeling that way too.

9 times out of 10 when us gear bizatches hear that, after leg #2 we got a laundry list of dirt you guys do or don't do that is not SOP. For what it's worth, saying that you are "standard" goes without saying! We all expect each other to live up to our employers rules and procedures when we show up to work. Bringing attention to it is not necessary. So please stop coming into the cockpit with your nuances and pet peeves, and we can all get thru a trip a little easier.

If I ever utter the "Standard" word after upgrading (god help us who are waiting).......shoot me.

It's the one's that try to be too standard, watch every detail, and lose sight of the big picture.

"Tell me again why we are carrying power and using speed brakes (at the same time)?"

So what you're all saying goes something like this:
"I know my job (which I begged for) is to fly by company standards, but don't expect me to do it because I am way too f&*$%ing cool for that. And if you expect me to follow the regs and procedures that keep me from killing people, then you are a dorky CA".
I feel so safe in the back of your plane.

Latest resources

Back