• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hey Sully, Eat This!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sully wouldn't have used 4 attempts to land...he would have made it in one...

How do you know? Were you on that Westwind? Had you also flown with Sully so you can make such a comparison? Please, give us all of the details.

Last edited:
Take your cocky attitude that military pilots are superior and shove it up your..

Cocky is not good. That is true, but don't confuse it with experience.

Military pilots are by far superior because every day of their career they go through selection at tremendous pressure and fast pace.

Civis fly at their own pace, retake checkrides if needed and get lost in a paper bag.

The airlines hire civis only because they have to, and if your brother is an airline recruiter he will tell you that if he could he would only hire mil. guys.

Nothing personal, don't freak out, don't swear at me and don't let your fragile ego down - it is just the exposure to hard training and constantly flying and working at a 100%.

Last edited:

Military pilots are by far superior because every day of their career they go through selection at tremendous pressure and fast pace.

Civis fly at their own pace, retake checkrides if needed and get lost in a paper bag.

The airlines hire civis only because they have to, but if your brother is an airline recruiter he will tell you that if he could he would only hire mil. guys.

Nothing personal, don't freak out, don't swear at me and don't let your fragile ego down - it is just the exposure to hard training and constantly flying and working at a 100%.
Actually... I *WAS* a recruiter.

And no, I wouldn't take only mil applicants "if I could". A mix of both is healthy in a large airline environment.

And in a smaller private flight department? No, thanks. I'll keep it mostly civilian. It takes too long to re-train the mil guys and gals to the customer service mentality required in the civilian charter/fractional/corporate world.

No offense intended, don't take it personally. ;)

The airlines hire civis only because they have to, but if your brother is an airline recruiter he will tell you that he if he could he would only hire mil. guys.

Nothing personal, don't freak out, don't swear at me and don't let your fragile egos down - it is just the exposure to hard training and constantly flying and working at a 100%.

This is too good to pass up.

Every once in awhile someone comes along with the point of view you have. It never fails, it's never one of the many really good ex military pilots that feel that way, it's always the so so ones.
The vast majority of both civil and mil pilots understand a good pilot can come from any background.
Your last statement indicates some ignorance on your part too. Yes, exposure to hard training and constantly flying and working 100% is excellent for getting a good foundation in flying. The guys who think because they have been through that and think it makes them better often become weak pilots over time.
Finally, flying is not just how well you fly an airplane, far from it. Good CRM skills are just as important or even more so than flying skills. You appear to have a level of bias and ignorance that would make you difficult to work with in a 2 or 3 man cockpit crew.

You are an embarrassment to the vast majority of outstanding Military pilots out there.

The airlines hire civis only because they have to, and if your brother is an airline recruiter he will tell you that if he could he would only hire mil. guys.

yawn

"far superior"? That's just stupid. Perhaps when you get more experience, you realize that your mindless stereotypes don't hold water

As a former 135 check airman for a large check hauling outfit, I've seen just as many military guys wash out as civilians.

If Chuck Norris was on Sully's plane..those birds never would've came close..end of story.

Latest resources

Back