Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GVFlyer said:

That is , of course, nonsense.

I just believe in the aircraft. They are good, honest, safe, reliable, jets that haven't let me down in the 18 years I've been flying them.

It doesn't pitch up when it stalls or have stability problems on take-off, you can fly it with a complete hydraulic failure, it has safety features not available on it's competitors, and no one is sueing the manufacturer because of excessive engine failures(Bombardier).

It's engines are not prone to failure and it doesn't have an autopilot system that will kill your passengers, nor is Gulfstream being tried in criminal court for having such an autopilot (Dassault).

If a T/R inadvertently deploys, there is no way that you can cause the affected engine to produce enough thrust to cause loss of control and the death of 96 people(Fokker).

I believe that's Paul Harvey...

You forgot to mention the fact that it can be knocked out of the air by a pair of Popsicle sticks:D :D :D

LA Confidential said:
You forgot to mention the fact that it can be knocked out of the air by a pair of Popsicle sticks:D :D :D

I don't think I like you very much;)

Do you know what the difference between genius and stupidity is ? Genius has it's limits.... Those guys had to try really hard to hurt that airplane. There was a great big amber "WOW Faullt" message on the EICAS. If one bothers to open up the Quick Reference Handbook and look under "WOW Fault" it says don't move the thrust levers and select ground spoilers off. If they had of done that we wouldn't be talking about it. Instead what they were doing was trying to get the landing runway into the FMS.

The last thing on the CVR tape is these two guys taking turns uttering expletives, which was probably appropriate behavior for the situation.

GV

fokkerjet said:
It still flies like a truck:mad:

Ever try starting the APU at 390? I lost an IDG over the Pacific one evening and made two attempts at a start before giving up. Even Gulfstream wasn't surprised that the APU failed to start.

Fokker,

I've worked with your department since Phil R. was the Director. I know the current director Rick S. well and talk to your fine Chief Pilot, John R. often. John is the better golfer.

I know that there were some loyal Falcon pilots that thought that the Gulfstreams were forced down their throats and that Phil was ultimately dismissed after selling the two GIV's to buy two Falcons. I can understand the hard feelings. A couple of the pilots I met didn't like the Gulfstreams coming on board because the trips became longer.

I think you're biased, which is unacceptable because I'm certainly not;)

Anyway, I'll agree to disagree. I'll continue to think that the GV is the finest T- category jet ever made and that the 18 months of flight test was for new technology development and you can continue to like your Fokker. It's a pretty airplane.

GV

You wouldn't be a real pilot if you didn't defend the honor of *your* jet... I just thank God the G-V is the best one out there because it's what I'm flying right now :D

PS: Muddauber, interesting list of aircraft. Did you fly for EJI? Send me a PM if you did.

GV

Now your getting into an automation issue. The Falcon problem, like the problems that both Boeing and Airbus have experienced, were caused by inexperienced pilots not understanding how the automation works (disconnect the autopilot before manually operating the flight controls........airmanship 101). In the Fokker crash, the aircraft gave several warnings ON THE GROUND before these guys took off, once airborne, they ignored the REVERSER UNLOCKED PROCEDURE on the MFD and pushed the throttle up.....big mistake:eek: You pretty much answered the popsicle stick issue.

Other than that, your right on one count, if you love type ratings, thisisthe place to work:eek:

Where's my Falcon..............................

Latest resources

Back