• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hey General

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
here's a splitting-the-hair question: what action will trigger the strike? will it be the judge ruling in favor of mgt? or will it occur if the judge rules in mgt's favor, and then management taking the action of throwing out the contract?
good luck,
bc

Delta managment does not have the expertise or intelligence to pull off having a "secret" training center. As soon a people began interviewing and training, the word would be on the street in less than 24 hours.
Delta trains under a very strict set of FAA guidelines, to short circuit or cutback the programs in any way, shape or form would require FAA approval. A new training sylabus would have to be developed, proven and then submitted for approval. The FAA would study it, return it to Delta for corrections, Delta would resubmit, etc. It takes months and months for changes to be approved. With no checkpilots, there are no TOE's or IOE's.
The company does not have the financial resources (deep pockets) or time to train thousands of pilots.

Delta Pilots are right. They will strike if their contract is rejected. I'm surprised the judge and Delta management are waiting until the deadline. There may be a handful of scabs; but it will be a worthless endeavor, as scabbing always is.

The General must be out on a trip! Yall just wait till he gits here and spits right in your eyes.

I can't wait till tomorrow to hear his remarks to the na-sayers out there in flt-info land.

Go git'em General Lee

fifty30retard said:
Looks like the grammar/spelling police are alive and well. Since you only have 3500hrs you probably don't even remember Eastern Airlines. You see tough guy Eastern went on strike and the airline crumbled quickly. The guys in the left seat at Delta probably have vivid memories of EAL birds parked all over the ATL airport. They ain't going on strike, period!

You obviously did not even read the post you are commenting on. No grammar or spelling police here. I am saying when people end their sentences with the WORD period it is usually arrogance. Such as there will be no strike, PERIOD!. It implies that is the end of the debate for I have spoken. Not sure what the relevance is but I now have a lot more than 3500 hrs now, and I do remember the Eastern strike very well. There are few things one can really be sure of in this world and if you really believe you can be this sure than the third sentence of this post definitely applies to you.

fifty30retard said:
Looks like the grammar/spelling police are alive and well. Since you only have 3500hrs you probably don't even remember Eastern Airlines. You see tough guy Eastern went on strike and the airline crumbled quickly. The guys in the left seat at Delta probably have vivid memories of EAL birds parked all over the ATL airport. They ain't going on strike, period!

you need a history lesson too it appears.

lorenzo RAPED EAL into the continental fold (hell he charged them millions to use THEIR OWN reservation system).

the mechanics union (not the pilots) forced lorenzo into the game and borman to sign off on selling to the anti-christ. lorenzo, like the greedy vulture he was, swooped in and grabbed as much as he could. EAL at that point was doomed. no pilot action would save it.

This thread reminds me of buzzards around the meat wagon. Give it some time. I wish the DAL guys the best.

CFIT said:
If they do strike and succeed in killing Delta I can only hope that the thousands and thousands of other employees hunt them down and beat the living crap out of them.

May their criminally selfish, rotted, souls burn in hell.

So naive. If they strike it will be because the revoloving-door management through out their contract. Do you cast no blame on management?

CitationLover said:
you need a history lesson too it appears.

lorenzo RAPED EAL into the continental fold (hell he charged them millions to use THEIR OWN reservation system).

the mechanics union (not the pilots) forced lorenzo into the game and borman to sign off on selling to the anti-christ. lorenzo, like the greedy vulture he was, swooped in and grabbed as much as he could. EAL at that point was doomed. no pilot action would save it.

Actually, if I remember correctly, the unions went to Lorenzo and asked for Texas Air to take over EAL to keep EAL flying. It was later when Lorenzo wanted concessions from the IAM that the IAM decided to strike.

CFIT said:
If they do strike and succeed in killing Delta I can only hope that the thousands and thousands of other employees hunt them down and beat the living crap out of them
Shouldn't you be flying turns around a point numb nuts?? Sounds like you know alot about having the crap beat out of you.....Surprise!

May their criminally selfish, rotted, souls burn in hell.

Boy, the genius speaks. Hell is what the last guy went through after a date with your sister!
I'm sure that rock you crawled out from under is begging for you back, now run along dumb dumb!

Latest resources

Back